cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Joke Trying To Set up a new PAYG account with EE, nothing works

SamsungDeviceUs
Investigator
Investigator

So last night I thought I had successfully set up a new phone with EE PAYG and a £10 monthly subscription pack. However despite successfully setting up a direct debit today the phone will not work for outgoing calls. I tried adding some credit again today, £5 worth but then it said this wasn't enough to 'activate' the subscription, I tried adding more but it kept being declined, however on checking my bank I can see that these payments were made, yet the balance never changed, I even used different debit cards.  

I have tried logging into the new account on the phone and on my computer but neither work, on the computer I ask for a new password, receive the code, enter it and then it just sends me back to the homepage. Same on the phone. So I downloaded the app, that also won't let me login, says something about not being able to load the data. So I phoned 150, keeps hanging up on me, when I eventually get an option to arrange a callback I try to describe the problem and they say they say they can't arrange the call back. It is a total nightmare - this phone was supposed to be a gift but it is unusable and EE keep sending me round in circles, unable to get subscription pack activated, unable to top up, unable to speak to anyone, unable to log in to the app, unable to login on computer. 

I am having to type this from my business EE account because the new one simply doesn't work anywhere. All I want is to be able to log in properly and use my new subscription pack but EE make it practically impossible. Basically ruined Christmas. Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @SamsungDeviceUs 

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.