cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is useless !

Rogadog
Investigator
Investigator

The EE mobile app has been absolutely hopeless for quite a while now. I'm sick of it ! uninstalled & reinstalled numerous time & it just does not work. Plus our broadband keeps dropping in & out for no reason, EE can't find a fault.

All our family are with EE & my daughter has type 1 diabeties now along with me, and as the technical advances in care rely more & more on mobile tech i'm absolutely applaud at EE's service.

We are leaving EE & going back to O2 or Vodaphone, considering EE are part & parcel of BT this situation is disgusting & EE have no answer to the problems. We pay to have tech that works and  their tech does not work, this company are pathetic at best !!!!!

This morning i give up trying to transfer some data to our daughter in app & went to the website & can't do it there either - "having technical issues" but i can click & upgrade my bl***y phone !!!!

Had enough.

14 REPLIES 14
Rogadog
Investigator
Investigator

All useless, your tech does not work. We are leaving EE & going to O2 for all our phones and broadband. managing mine & my daughters Type 1 diabeties relies on the data tech working now, and it does not work ! We feel very let down.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rogadog  Try clearing your device cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  
The apps working for me. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rogadog 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

If you are having problems with the app and your broadband please get back in touch with our customer care team on 0800 956 6000, they can get both issues looked into for you and help you further. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Steves1968
Explorer

Yeah, mine is the same this morning, not allowing data transfer. Its always been buggy to say the least which is a little contrary to the power that EE boasts in regards to their position in the communications sector. I mean kids are writing apps these days that run better. Probably something they should address with some urgency given that some people like the OP here rely on this service for more serious circumstances than my own.

CoyoteR86
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue, but it extends beyond the app. Even the website often displays "there was a technical issue, please refresh or try later". The app is stuck in perpetual loading on the logo, I just want to pay the bill! Disgusting for such a large company as BT/EE, I can't get my head round how it's so bad.

Uninstalling, clearing the cache etc should not be the answer. I have done these things and disabled my VPN as well as attempts from other devices to no avail. This is shocking to say the least.

Christopher_G

Hi @CoyoteR86 

Could you try restarting your phone and giving it a try this morning please? If you're still having problems, I'd recommend speaking to our technical support team.
Chris

CoyoteR86
Investigator
Investigator

Funny that several months on, ignoring the fix of "reboot your phone".... The whole EE suite to access your account is still as broken as it was.
I want to see what I can do about my mobile broadband bill, everything on the website and the app, loop you  round in circles with either not what you asked, or;

Were just making some changes, but there is help on hand...(yeah right).

The help I need is to see what I can do with my mobile broadband. I don't want to spend an afternoon on the phone, when I should be able to easily do this type of thing online! I worked for Vodafone 20 years ago! 20, and it was still a damn sight better than this shambles.

Christopher_G

Hi @CoyoteR86 

Welcome to the community.

Which browser are you using? What is it that you're looking to do with your mobile broadband?

Chris

CoyoteR86
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher

I did mention that the App has the same issue, but for completeness, Chrome, Brave, Opera and Firefox. Add Safari into the mix when using my phone.

With that out the way, what I am trying to do is reduce the monthly bill of my mobile broadband. I can see that there are new hubs that may be better but I only use the device 7-8 months of the year and only totalling 6 weeks worth of use (although I leave it on for the camera).

The website now has stopped giving that message of "Were just making some changes" so I assume it was site maintenance but it wasn't very helpful.
I need to reduce the monthly bill as £50+ a month for something I barely use is a lot. A sim only would help here, or in some ways a PAYG on some networks are better these days.
If you can help me, brilliant!