cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine or not?

Sym14
Explorer
  • Anyone else having doubts as to whether or not you are engaging in a conversation with a genuine EE employee or not. I ask this question as I had the strangest conversation with someone who claimed to be an EE employee and this person became very abusive when I refused to disclose my personal information. 
    I dialled 150 earlier today to ask how much I would be charged if I used my phone whilst I am on holiday but somehow ended up having a conversation via text with a machine. Anyway I did receive a call within seconds of giving up trying to get through to said machine. The man that called me had a very strong Indian accent and was clearly in some kind of call centre as the background noise was hideously loud. Anyway after I refused to divulge all the personal information he asked for he became quite rude so I simply ended the call. Is it normal practice to be asked for your password, name, address and bank details? Surely all this information EE already have? Anyway all he got out of me was my name.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Sounds like a scammer - what number did they call from?

The number was 07701 407126  Only information the caller got was my name 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sym14 

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07701407126

Block the number. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.