Scam

Snezhy
Visitor

Dear EE team!

Yesterday I try to connect on line on the Stansted airport and after that my number was put into scam.

I received message from DealHub for my one day free trail and after that I have to send STOP on 65222Help not to be charged.

Unfortunately I can't contact them via number and the system is refusing my text STOP. Also, I try to  contact them via e mail message but not have answer.

The problem is that they will charge me £4.50 per week  though my  phone billing till they receive STOP mentioned above.

Can help me, I try 24 hours to solve this problem, including trying to contact EE customer service.

Hope to hear soon from you.

My number us xxxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Snezhy

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you texts aren't sending to 65222 to stop these charges. 

I have done some searching and have found both a contact number and email for DealHub. These are the following:

0333 3130 131 and help@sptwo.com. I would recommend getting in touch so these charges are stopped. 

Thanks, 

Katie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B

Hello @Snezhy

I am sorry to hear you texts aren't sending to 65222 to stop these charges. 

I have done some searching and have found both a contact number and email for DealHub. These are the following:

0333 3130 131 and help@sptwo.com. I would recommend getting in touch so these charges are stopped. 

Thanks, 

Katie

Maggs78
Visitor

Hi,

i would imagine you are trying to reply to the message rather than sending a new message to the number 65222. If you start a new message with the word STOP and send it to 65222, this will cancel the subscription.  You should also contact Deal Hub as well and tell them about this. 

Hope this helps!

NM

Kitkat1778
Visitor

Hi I’ve had the same thing!! I’ve text stop to the number as I’ve been charged £9 (£4.30 a week)

My question is who is Dealhub???  What did I subscribe to??? How did they get my number??? And how has EE allowed them to charge ppl??? Is this something I’ve accidentally subscribed to through EE??? 
 And can I get my money back if it’s a l legitimate company???  

Katie_B

Good afternoon @Kitkat1778

Next to your charges on your bill does a short code show or is it just Dealhub?

Have you tried contacting Dealhub direct with the contact details provided above?

They will be able to advise you on what you have subscribed to and also how. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those firms or nos. yourself on that site.

Your search for '65222' has returned result:

DealHub

This service is operated by S P Two Ltd
Service category Information, news and education
Service subcategory Other Information and Help
Service description

Web Portal service updated daily to access deals, discounts, savings and free to enter competitions.

More information about cost

Free for 24 hours and £4.50 per week thereafter

Service start date 13 Jul 2022
Provider contact details
Customer care number 03333130131
Customer care email help@sptwo.com
Customer care website https://deal-hub.club/home/contact/
Postal address

S P Two Ltd
2 Manor Farm Court
Old Wolverton Road
Wotton
Old Wolverton
MK12 5NN
United Kingdom

If after contacting S P Two Ltd you're not satisfied with the outcome, you can file a report with us here .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Ive had the same thing too, didn't notice because of family stuff going on so not checked my bills for months.

Looks like i wont get money back but EE was able to set up a block for third party payments so no more disappears. Ive emailed the company and unsubscribed (not that i remember subscribing in the first place). Ive had to set up alternative payment for spotify but that's a small price to pay.

Hopefully that will be the end of it!

Definitely lesson learned to check my bills.

Scottsli
Visitor

Same thing had happened to me on my daughter's phone. I've just called the 03 number on this thread and they are going to refund me £52. Just realised the number should be closer to £100. I'm going to wait for my refund to come through then ring back. How can I block these premium rate numbers? Is there something ee can do to prevent this happening again?