cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finesse scam calls using official EE 0800 number

Gos
Visitor

Lots of scamming and hustling seems to be occurring with the EE customer accounts.  All started for me in 22 and 23: now 24.  23 first occurrence was regards to getting me a IPad, (East Indian accents - Call centre sweathouse background sounds, then they sent me a small box in post which couldn’t be an iPad that small but happened to be an iPhone box, I never opened it inside but told them about it and it looks like a sophisticated set up, to mask that they are genuine, to send a iPhone by mistake then ask post office to collect then send back, then the fake call centre told me his name is Bruce?? With a thick Indian accent!!  The iPad sent as an iPhone incident they apologised and said as want to have some loyalty for the customer, he will throw in an Apple Watch, or iPad mini for the confusion or misleading post.  I asked where it is and just err err umm! Running away and avoiding my queries.  

2024 February, asking to reduce my bill by £30, asking for my bank details again?? Sort number, code, and the long number and wait for it, 3 digit number.  The so called Bruce who I couldn’t get why 1 would ask for my number, what job I do and even what I earn before?? Had put me onto a female senior caller operator to get bank details off me and getting very aggressive, and the fact they are using the genuine official EE freephone number and logos for texting makes it look too convincing.

after all this, I then made a call to the genuine EE then got my IPad and new sim plan with no hassle.

despite me telling them not to call my phone and wipe off any info they have of me, and told them I know you’re not genuine as my account contract has not expired it’s still ongoing as I confirmed that with the genuine EE, then the fake imposter felt shook and put the phone down and ran away!!!. 

they will go quiet for a few days hoping you have forgotten everything, and to this very day they are still calling with no regard or respect for your privacy, so be careful people as you would not get a call from your phone/broadband company, it’s only you that will have to make the call for a price plan or upgrade.  And why aren’t these people caught and locked away in jail whilst running a huge hustlers ring off the misery of others???

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gos 

I am very sorry to hear you have been receiving these scam calls. 

You can report any calls to EE if you text 'CALL' to 7726 followed by a space, then the number that called you, we use the data collected to help protect all of our customers.

Please see our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams, Help page for advice on scam calls.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why are you talking to these people & agreeing with them to send you things? Just put the phone down. You are just encouraging them.

You've been scammed! By giving them your bank details as well as your card details you left it open for them to charge you anything. I should check your bank a/c & report it to your bank to freeze & change your a/c.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mystiqueen
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I also get got a call today offering me discount offers from EE. When I researched the number online, I think it is a scam so I put the phone down. Is there a effective way to block these calls?

@Mystiqueen  text call to 7726 PM hen forward the number that called you.   Unfortunately, you cannot block someone from calling you so if you block the number that called you, they might only call you on a different number.   All you can do is report the number that called you so it can be investigated and blocked.