Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What justification for a 3.9% increase?

Mattj2021
Investigator
Investigator

48 REPLIES 48

@wooduk wrote:

So you're saying its ok you walk into a shop and buy something for £1000 - a week later the shop calls you and says.  Sorry, our prices have gone up we want another £10 from you? 

This is not the same thing, Going into lets say Sainsburys and buying an Banana. You have bought that item. If their costs has gone up this doesn't effect products they have already sold.

EE is not the same you are buying a contract with a SERVICE which you pay for monthly. Their costs have gone up so they pass that cost onto you.

In this case, i bought a phone from EE AND a contract.  The price has gone up on the phone and the contract.  Is EE paying Apple a bit more for the phone now?  A phone I bought 2 years ago? Has Apple called up EE and said - hey you have managed to get another X% send it over please - this is a genius business model to scam more money out of a customer.

Wrong the price has gone up on the contract. Your monthly bill is not broken down into phone and service. It's one lump sum. The increase is for the services they are providing you whilst you are suing those services.

My issue here is on people IN contract.

I am IN contract as well. I have 2 lines with EE 1 out of contract and 1 in contract. My out of contract is still cheaper than what they are offering me to upgrade to.

It's a scam - there are zero benefits in buying a phone on a contract which is more expensive than just buying it on a % credit card and then each year they change you more for a phone you already own.   Apple even offers % interest as well.  So what's the point of EE? 

It isn't a scam. Go look at the sales pages. On every contract they are selling they tell you about these increases. It's in the Terms & Conditions. If you choose not to read this then this is your fault.

If you don't like EE you are free to leave. No one is forcing you to stay with them.

Anyway - you are clearly a paid person by EE so of course you're on their side.  More interested in customers hearing what other customers have to say - have had enough of "rip-off" Britain

I'm not paid by EE at all. I have even been banned from this site once before. This has nothing to do about being paid by EE or not. When you enter a legally binding contract without reading all the terms you only have yourself to blame.

Rip off Britain 🤣. You watch too much day time telly.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@ewanrw  Not to mention their standard 3 year contracts. 

Yeah sure. Of course it's not profiteering for bigger shareholder dividends. EE would have crashed and burned without the extra 3.9% I'm sure. People won't argue with inflation-based increases although not every network does it anyway but lumping another 3.9% on top and trying to disguise as anything other than greed is ludicrous. How gullible and stupid do you think people are? Do you even realize how astronomical their profits were without an extra 3.9%? Nice try but everyone knows that is just a party political broadcast you're putting up here, but I'm sure EE will reward you greatly for defending the indefensible.

@Eelovesmoney  So if the CPI was at 0.5 would say the same thing about the 3.9% I very much doubt it.   
there was only 2 network that didn’t increase prices and they are MVNO network.   All 4 major networks increased there prices. 

ID mobile PRI 7.5% increase 

O2 & virgin mobile RPI 7.5% + 3.9%
EE,BT,PlusNet Mobile, Vodaphone, 3 CPI 5.4% + 3.9% 

Tesco and sky no price increase 

* Sky Mobile does not currently raise prices mid-contract, but offers no guarantee **Three will raise its prices by 4.5% each April, not linked to inflation

at least you not on O2 or Virgin that had a higher percentage increase.  But feel free to change networks as you’ll see price increase as you do with EE.   Unless you go with Tesco mobile but hay that can still change. 

It has nothing to do with investment the extra 3.9 percent, it's so the fat cats can get paid bigger bonuses. I will never ever get another EE contract. Within a 2 year contract your bill will rise twice mine has gone up so much.

No we don't when people are registered blind they are not offered the conin braille or read the contract in full. So do not answer questions you know nothing about.

BullS--t

@Jaycollins71   Because it’s in the contract you agreed too.      Did you ask for it in braille?   did you request someone to read the contract T&Cs to you ?   sounds like your just trying to shift the blame and take no responsibility for your own actions.        When you take out a contract part of the sales pitch is also reading out the part of the yearly price increase and you have to acknowledge that you understand that for the sale to proceed.      

Stop thinking shiny new toy when agreeing to a contract and actually listen to ways being said at that time.

Tallular66
Visitor

2024 and we still have to pay the 3.9% on top of the annual inflation. 
Wrong, profiteering!