Mattj2021
Investigator
Investigator

48 REPLIES 48
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mobile CPI+ price changes

The CPI+3.9% rate has been introduced to allow EE to continue to invest in and improve connectivity and customer services.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Hi thanks for your reply, I did read that via the EE information but I hadn’t realised the contract was CPI increases plus whatever EE thought was needed to invest in their services, thought my monthly bill may have gone some way towards paying for that!

@Mattj2021   EE did give unlimited data to all NHS workers over the last year so, who do you think is actually going to be paying for that,  and then they gave an extra 20Gb to anyone who had kids at home and had a cellular broadband connection.   

@Chris_B thanks for the info, so are saying you agree with the increase?

@Mattj2021   I’m not saying I agree with the amount but I was aware of a  price increase as that’s in the contract you/I/all contract customers agreed too when taking out the contract.  

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Mattj2021 

CPI+3.9% reflects the level of investment we need to make within our business to continue our major investments in networks and service, while also prioritising vulnerable customers suffering from financial hardship or digital exclusion. 

You can find more details in our Price changes 2021, Help page.

Leanne.

Chris_B yes my fault for not realising it wasn’t just a CPI increase but also whatever EE decide to increase the cost by also, I certainly don’t agree with the justification in respect to additional data / free data for NHS staff etc. if this is something EE were prepared to do as a business the cost should not then be passed onto its customers!

You have to love it when you get screwed for not reading or understanding the small print. Way to make your customers happy ee!

I’m glad my 12 month contract finishes in September, my reminder is already set for 1 month before to cancel. 
It’s great how the people tied into contact always get screwed. Paygo customers just ring up to leave and normally get offered an even better deal. Let’s face it contracts generally get cheaper each year not more expensive.

I got my right to upgrade early this week, I’ve never seen such horrendously bad deals anywhere before! Another case of screwing the customers they need most, people on contract.

If ee can’t predict these cost at least 12 months in advance then they shouldn’t be in business. It’s lies and just a way to increase people’s payments mid term without them realising it will happen. It makes the deals look better when purchasing. Some advice ee” you can milk a cow over and over, you can only skin it once “

You annoy your customers and they will walk and so will your good ratings.