cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal customer service and general service for that matter.

Dommo1
Investigator
Investigator

Good afternoon, I have been a customer with EE for a few years now having not many issues at all in the past, UNTIL I upgraded to the Samsung S24+. 

All was well when I had to speak to a lady on the phone who sold me this phone plan with my 30% off friends and family discount I got the contract for £56 per month. 

This was the beginning of my problems as when I received my first bill it came in at over £80 so I took to online chat where I was assured this had now been applied for future bills, I was not happy to say the least as this took several attempts to get a resolution.

I then call customer service to discuss this matter when the money left my bank and to get credited back the amount I was owed (the difference between £56 and what had been taken via DD £80.77) I was assured this would be knocked off my bill on the month to follow (end of feb 2024).. Lies again as my bill came in at the now correct cost of £56, at least the bill was correct this time (except the fact it should have been lower due to me being assured the credit would be applied to that month's bill)

This being said I'm still out of pocket due to an error caused by EE and they're bundle of joy customer services team. So I called after this bill came visible on the app and discussed again why it hadn't been taken off to find I'd been lied to and no credit had been applied to my account, following this I speak to a Dave in Middlesborough who then proceeded to tell me that the max amount I can be credited is £20 and "you are still going to be  out of pocket and theres nothing we can do about it" not by a large amount but it's beside the point. 

Summary: why have I been lied to multiple times and then offered a subpar solution? The amount I have contacted must be above average and yet this is the resolution I've received. Oh and this won't be applied until the following months bill apparently (March 2024) so it has the potential to be another false statement made by a customer service advisor.

Awful experience and when this contract runs out I'm reluctant to renew due to the lack of solutions to my issue and the constant lies.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're unhappy with the outcome from CS not resolving an issue, I'd recommend following the formal complaints procedure

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-june-2019.pdf 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Who was this lady on the phone who sold you this phone plan? Are you sure she was from EE?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes definitely, I called them as I tried to upgrade via the app but it asked me to call as something went wrong. She then gave me the deal and screens shared with me so I could check it over and sign off the documentation etc. Then the problems started with the billing errors.

Thank you, I have now followed the link and processed a complaint.