cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading tablet at end of contract to data sim only?

stevedb
Explorer

Hi,

I am within my last 45 days of my contract for my Data Plan with an iPad and cannot see how to upgrade to a data Sim only plan, or will my contract just change to a data sim only plan on my end date and reduce in price?

Thanks in advance

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, your plan will not auto change into a Sim-Only & reduce in price unless you upgrade it. Do that from within your MyEE > Upgrade Now.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have tried to do that, however all it wants me to do is get a new tablet with the upgrade, I cannot see the option of going sim only.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @stevedb

Thanks for posting. 

If this is not showing for you, please give us a call on 150 or 0800 079 8586 and our Mobile Care team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne. 

KennyWW
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same problem, have attempted to upgrade to sim only with my 45 days by following steps stated on website, yet I'm always met with options for new tablets. No sim only options. Where are the sim only options as stated on your website?

James_B

Hi @KennyWW,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to view SIM only plans online. Please get in touch with Customer Care so our upgrades team can help.

James

It’s ok, I managed to figure it out. While logged in to MyEE: To upgrade to data only SIM for a tablet, go directly to Data only SIM options, select the plan you want. Once you do this Checkout will automatically recognise you are upgrading and apply any discounts you qualify for, such as Friends & Family. Continue through checkout as normal.

I should stress that nowhere on the website is any of this mentioned. I found out purely by accident after doing a Google search for EE Data Only SIMs and selecting a plan to find out what was included.
James_B

Thanks for the update @KennyWW

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted.

James

Lynne6465
Visitor

Thanks @KennyWW  have been trying to do this. Will try what you have done now. Thank you