cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront cost of phone taken but credit check declined.

Carren
Visitor

I have tried to get in touch with someone via phone but have had no luck.  (Order number XKO291060458.)
on the 12th of march I tried to take out a new contract with your selves and paid a £100 upfront cost however the credit was declined. It has been 8 days and yet no refund. The account shows as processing and the bank have advised that  EE need to release the funds back. 

I think it’s disgraceful that your able to hold someone’s money for this long with no further guidance on how to retrieve it or what the next steps are after declined application.  

could this be looked into ASAP. Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Carren,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Any pending payments started before the credit check will not be completed by EE if the application wasn't successful.

Your bank should be able to advise you of how long it will take before the pending funds are released back into your balance.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carren  EE refund you back in 7-10 working days.    There is no next step if you have been decided a contract/credit.    EE are not going to give you credit. 

“Declined”

James_B

Hi @Carren,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Any pending payments started before the credit check will not be completed by EE if the application wasn't successful.

Your bank should be able to advise you of how long it will take before the pending funds are released back into your balance.

Hope this helps.

James

Madani227
Explorer

Hi i have been charged 60 pounds for the new contract with mobile but my application was declined when will i recieve the funds back into my account 

Katie_B

Hi @Madani227.

Is the upfront cost showing in your pending charges with your bank?

Katie

Yes it is showing pending in my  bank statement online.

Katie_B

Thanks for checking @Madani227

I would recommend checking with your bank when the funds will be added back to your balance. 

The funds won't be taken if your application has been declined. 

Katie

Lmkfma
Visitor

I agree could have used the money to shop elsewhere far sooner.

The credit check should have been done before you take the money, to do who knows what with.