cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: what to do if i fail a credit check

Ruthin15
Visitor

I’ve just been refused too …. Credit score 977 I’ve been through the Equifax credit check document 40+ pages and there is nothing bad on it….. I’ve emailed them the score and offered them the document but it’s still a no!  

It makes me feel to be honest that they’re just not bothering looking into these discrepancies properly and doing things the quickest way to get the paperwork ticked as done!

If they’re refusing such high credit score there’s no hope for others with a lower score and EE employees will soon be out of work as they’ll have no customers in the future!

So looks as if I’ll also have to return to Vodafone , I was also thinking of moving my internet provider to EE!!! That’s also gone now - no point in wasting my time and energy with EE.

I may just contact Matt Allright or one of these consumer programmes!   Personally, only my thoughts, but appears that some people are in positions that they cannot cope with as it needs some common sense to override when the computer says no!!!

M E Roberts 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ruthin15 : You can't do anything. It's EE's right to accept or not your offer to buy from them.

Equifax isn't the only fish in the sea. You could very well have a marred credit history at another credit agency which EE may use.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Ruthin15   What paperwork?   They check and it’s a yes or a no it’s that simple.     What was the cost of the tariff and upfront cost ?   EE has to give you credit when you purchase a contract and just perhaps as you would be a new customer they are not prepared to do that depending on the total credit amount.  

danny19970
Contributor
Contributor

I got a low credit score and I had no problem getting accepted for a phone contract