cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

Carrich83
Investigator
Investigator

So I understand that as per the terms and conditions, the price can go up as per the CPI plus 3.9%. the email I received mentioned the price increase aligns with the CPI published in January. If you look at this publication, the rate is 10.1%, then plus EE's 3.9%. This would equal 14%. EE are increasing prices above this to 14.4%, using the CPI from December 2022. The January publication clearly states that the CPI changed from 10.5% in December to 10.1% in January, therefore this price increase does NOT align with the January percentages and so therefore I will be terminating my contract without a cancellation charge.

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Carrich83 

https://twitter.com/ppv_tahoe/status/1629497374669254661?t=WaM4VB9P0abS2fJpnoCz-w&s=19

When we work out our prices, we use the December CPI rate published in January. For December 2022, the CPI rate was 10.5%. This means that the majority of our customers will see a price increase of 14.4% (which is 10.5% plus 3.9%), or just over £1 per week on average.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Carrich83
Investigator
Investigator

It's a shame that such a large company such as EE decide to increase prices just as the CPI appears to ease for consumers.  This 'drop' in CPI % between December and January is not what EE have decided to use! No 'price lock' here that's for sure or any other support for loyal customer. For that reason I will be paying off any outstanding amounts and closing my accounts.

EE had long ago that the annual CPI increase would in every year be based on the previous December CPI rate published in January. You wouldn't want them every month 😉 in the hope the CPI goes down!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @Carrich83 

It's an increase of 5.1% over last year's increase. Is that unacceptable given the increased costs to power (electric) for the network, pay to staff, upgrade equipment etc? 

Paying off your account means paying more money surely, exactly what you are complaining about. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Carrich83   You are aware that other networks have increased prices the same as EE or more ?   if you don’t know this you do now.    

And it’s Decembers CPI rate that’s published in January not hold on let’s hope it goes down,   You know why they don’t do that because it might actually go up.  

Wow these responses are so helpful.

I appreciate your pleasant reply! 

Please see xrayspex reply to help you understand how to formulate a helpful response.