cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Withheld

phoebelilley
Explorer

Shocking! My device damage cover was not added to my contract, but there’s a note on the system proving I requested it. Sales team  refused to give the damage cover because I was a month over 90 days window, even thought the operator was at fault. Having to pull out third party insurance for which pulls my bill for the phone to an extortionate amount. Operator was all the help he could be and wonderful, went through several departments to help, but EE didn’t want to know about it. Will not be upgrading with EE again.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @phoebelilley.

I'm sorry to hear that there was a problem with your insurance. Did you raise a complaint with the person that you spoke to?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I asked who best to raise a formal complaint with, and was told it would be best to get third party insurance. He had expressed on my behalf that the notes on the contract clearly proved I took out the insurance, and the cancelled policy was not my fault, but Insurance and Sales both denied the request saying “there isn’t an option after 90 days.” The request I made to insure my handset was placed on the day I upgraded my contract with EE, not on the other day I rang up to ask why it had been cancelled.

It’s completely unacceptable and frustrating that down to a fault somewhere within EE, my policy was cancelled, and won’t be reinstated. A third party insurance, not through yourselves, may even give me a bigger problems down the line if there’s a repair or replacement handset and it comes to trading in my device at upgrade or viability to claims with Apple Care. If that happens, and I explain it was suggested that I take out third party insurance, I’m sure I will be brushed of again and ignored by the company. I no longer feel safe as a customer within the network.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @phoebelilley,

If the agent you spoke to didn't raise a complaint for you, you can raise one online at ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint.

Once raised, the team will look into what has happened and get back to you with a resolution.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James