cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

KR261
Investigator
Investigator

I recently got my bill but I’m confused on why I’ve been charged so much. So I recently added on an extra 10gb to my plan for £16.94 as well as paying £21.13 for my original plan however when I looked at my bill they have charged me £54.18.
However £21.13+£16.94 = £38.07…..EE has charged me an extra £16.11 but I can’t figure out why. Please help!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @KR261

Thanks for coming here. 

Is your plan £21.13 before or after VAT?

Are you able to access your bill breakdown? this is viewable within your EE account online. 

Katie

Hi Katie 

thank you for your response. I have attached the below screenshots of my bill from last month compared to this month as I thought it’d be easier than explaining. My understanding of my phone bill is not 100%. I have noticed on the bill breakdown that 45GB has been added however looking at Data & Usage I am on 30 GB (25gb plan plus 10gb add on) 

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for providing the screenshots @KR261

Did you add the additional data part way through a billing month?

If yes this would add pro rata charges to your bill. 

Katie

Hi Katie 

yes I added it I believe in the middle of February….

i wasn’t aware of an extra charge? Please could you explain further?

Thanks. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The £20.30 charge for "All rounder" quotes a date period of 24/02 > 23/03 which tells me your bill date is the 24th.

Immediately below that you have a "Additional 10Gb" dated 03/02 > 23/03 which suggests this was added partway through the bill cycle, couldn't have been included on the 24/01 bill and so has two charge periods: 03/02 > 23/02 & 24/02 > 23/03.

Those two charge periods seem to have been combined here. Some very basic maths (divide by 6 weeks, multiply by 4) gets that charge at roughly £22.60/month - you could work out the exact number of days and recalculate, if you wanted a more precise answer.