cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Clm88
Visitor

Hi, I've just received my first bill the day after receiving my new phone and I'm horrified!

Initially I was asked to call because there was a problem and the girl on the phone said it was because I was a new customer so wasn't allowed the flex plan. I said OK and agreed to take a regular plan with a £50 deposit. I'd already paid £30 upfront for the device. She went off for a bit and said the s23 ultra was out of stock, then went off again and returned and said it wasn't, she'd done something wrong on her system.

With my BT broadband discount it was coming up as £56 or something.  Fine, i said go ahead. She then offered me a £6 a month discount for a Good As New device, which I declined and said I'd prefer a brand new one. All of this was between being put on hold for about 10 mins at a time 3 or 4 times.

I asked if she needed me to pay the deposit and she said no - I assumed it must have asked for it when she put through the system wrong previously and thought nothing more of it.

Phone arrived yesterday and it's a Good As New one but I thought never mind as it does look brand new.

Bill has come today and it's £136! £30 device cost, which I've actually already paid so i dont know why theyll be taking that again, plus the monthly cost, plus £50 deposit that I apparently didn't need to pay.

I appreciate that the community is made up of customers so my query really is whether this sort of thing is the norm with EE? I've moved from o2 after 8 years because signal wasn't great but I've never experienced anything like this! If this is a regular occurrence and not just a mistake I'll  cancel and return the phone-  it feels like she was deliberately dishonest just to get the sale.

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Clm88,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your first bill isn't as you expected.

Please get in touch with our Customer Care Team by calling 150 from your EE phone, or chat online via the help section of the EE app.

They'll get this sorted right away for you.

James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Clm88,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your first bill isn't as you expected.

Please get in touch with our Customer Care Team by calling 150 from your EE phone, or chat online via the help section of the EE app.

They'll get this sorted right away for you.

James