Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from PAYG To PAYM

Harabe
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone,
Just need some advice on how to proceed, as i am abroad and my friend is abroad too (continue reading), we cannot call ee as the rates are exorbitant, so i would love for this to be able to be sorted online.
i have a payg sim with a payg account, friend is a pay monthly customer for 5 years, i will be travelling in a few weeks to the uk for 3 weeks, so i thought to get a 30 day rolling contract as i always do, however this time i thought if i could get it in advance as its only 3 weeks, friend is agreeing on letting me use his account to activate my sim to the pay monthly subscription. I have done this before however its always been after i get there.
I cannot switch my account to paym due to reasons.
Just asking as when ordering a sim on his account it forces him to use one of his own numbers, wouldn't let me input mine (as a test), wouldn't let me add or remove any numbers too for some reason, i remember it used to be there.
TL;DR payg sim with payg account, how to switch that sim to pay monthly under another existing pay monthly account, without calling ee (although can receive texts in case of verification).

11 REPLIES 11

No, same goes for PAYG; only the a/c holder.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Alright thanks, could you mark the reply #5 by Leanne as the solution to this, the marked solution is wrong and it wont let me change it, thanks.