cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold contract

Avwebb
Investigator
Investigator

I went into the EE store on Saturday to upgrade my wife and my contract.

I sorted my contract out , am iPhone 14 with 5g of data (upgraded from a SIM only plan).

My wife upgraded from a s20 contract which I paid off. We wanted the s22+ and was told for the same price we could get a "free tablet".

Now the advisor DID explain that the tablet would be £11.70 a month and he said that he would "reduce" the cost of the s22+ to 53 so that in total by paying £20 extra for the phone we'd be able to get a free tablet. That seemed fair at the time.

UNTIL I realised that he lied about the data. For £63 we could have paid £30 for the phone and got the same unlimited data my wife had before or 60 with unlimited with capped speeds of £100. But inorder to sell another product he dropped the plan to one with only 25gb of data which is a problem as we use my wife's account to gift the other contracts.

I even signed up to a new contract for an iPhone 11 for my daughter . This was £30 a month and this seems reasonable (5gb data.. I havent researched this contract yet though).

So why would he force a tablet into the deal when I was prepared to pay the same cost anyway with unlimited data.

And now he's put is in a position where we won't have enough data to gift from my wife's account to mine and my daughter's to top up the 5gb we signed up for there.

I happily increased my monthly cost from £109 a month to almost £200 across 5 devices (including 2 Samsung watches with unlimited data) but he's shoehorned a 6th device in there with a reduced data package that is really going to hurt us. There is a limit on devices for a reason and he's exploited me while I had my 3 children with me to try to stich me up.

Can someone please get in touch to sort this out as I know if I go into the store they are just going to tell me tough luck.

I am prepared to go the distance with this. I am perfectly happy with the total cost but not happy with being stuck on limited data.

As a valued customer I shouldn't be treated this way. 

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Avwebb

Welcome to the community

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the plan you have. I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you. Could you have a look and get back to me please?

Chris