cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t get a new contract

Benford363636
Visitor

I am due an upgrade which I should have done in December 2022. I have been with EE for 30 years and never missed a payment and always stayed loyal. I went to upgrade to iPhone 15 and they asked my yearly income in the shop. I stupidly gave them a small income as thought if I gave my actual they would try and sell me extras I did not need. They assured me it was not a credit check. As I have an incorrect low income they will now not give me an upgrade on a contract and want me to pay for the phone upfront.  I have tried to give correct income but it’s not accepting in the shop and when I try online it does not even ask fir an income but won’t let me have a new contract. After 30 years do I need ti switch providers, it’s such a shame . Any advice please 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

An upgrade means changing your phone while keeping your existing number. A new contract is just that, and comes with a new number.

Are you able to upgrade via CS on 150?

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Benford363636 , You need to make sure that it is an upgrade, so I would suggest you ring customer service and do it that way then you should be ok, they can take a look for you, so long as you can pay the upfront cost, there is no reason why you should be denied an upgrade.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.