Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE overcharging an extra month bill?

Sturner12
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 
I am having several problems with EE despite 5 online chat conversations and 4 phone calls. All repeating myself. ARGH. 
My contract was from 19th Feb 22 - 19th Feb 24. As I was due to either upgrade or leave, I decided to go on a sim only plan and did this online in January (13.01.24) so it would automatically switch on 19th feb. Unlucky for me, this switch did not take place and my old plan remained (however, my usual 24 gb dropped to 4gb). It took 9 days and SEVERAL communications to get my new one in place. However, I’ve been billed on 24th February 2024 (Feb 22 - March 23) yet my contract should have ended on the 19th of Feb? So they have taken £57.66, a full month contract for a month I am not even using. Plus owed 4 days from my previous contract? 
So now I am downloading every single bill to check they haven’t dodged anything because I am not trusting EE right now. 
Today my new plan came into affect but it says from 1 March, but that is incorrect and I absolutely refuse to pay for my old contract 19 th Feb - 1 st March when I was using the gb I use to have (should have been 24 and was 4). 
I hope this makes sense.

11 REPLIES 11
Sturner12
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

did you get this sorted? Did they refund you? Because I thought the same, we pay a month in advance. I’ve upgraded WITH EE and they’ve done the same thing. Robbing customers blind. 
shocking. 

@Sturner12  upgraded from what to what ?    A full device contract to another full device contract?  Full device to sim only ? 

Full contract to sim only. I made my own post last night with details of you want to check it out. 

Hi! 
I never did see the final bill but I did have the refund in my account not too much after it was taken.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sturner12,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If your bill was produced before your plan change and you have been billed in advance for your old plan, any refunds due will automatically be generated on your next bill.

Hope his helps.

James

Hi, 

my bill was produced on the 24th Feb (5 days after it SHOULD have upgraded). I was then gifted £20 credit for the inconvenience which hasn’t come off my bill. 
I’m going to be spending £57.66 on a bill, that should be £20 (new sim only plan) but with £20 credit it should be £0. 
With a cost of living crisis, I can’t afford to be forking out £57.66 for a whole month. 
And because I pay a month in advance, surely I shouldn’t have to pay for that last month (Jan - Feb?) never mind Feb to March (unused month!) 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sturner12,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to review your bill and correct any errors if you get in touch on 150.

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Once a bill has been produced, any amendments will be held in pending until the following months cycle, they can't be corrected in retrospect. You can sometimes "underpay" one month knowing it will even out the following month, but you do run some small risks with this, that are best discussed with CS. This forum can advise in general terms, CS have access to your specific account.

I’ve called up so many times, repeated myself over and over again, no one has resolved this for me. I’m sick of repeating myself. 
I’m going to wait until March when my next bill is produced then I will go into a store. I’ve tried to put 3 complaints in and they have all been closed. Awful customer service for a 10+ year customer.