cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is a new customer contract order left with fraud team?

Eljae
Investigator
Investigator

I recently placed an order online for a monthly contract with handset and everything went through fine online - then next day I had a message asking me  to contact the customer services team. I needed to verify a few things as a new customer to EE - and was asked to go into branch with ID to verify my identity.

I did that two days ago and, having spoken to someone with the CS team a few hours after being in branch, I was assured the checked had gone through okay and I’d hear an update soon.

How long is the order left with the fraud team after ID verification? If I check my order status using the order ref number, it doesn’t show anything.

I’m in a bit of a quandary as I have the shipping address for my dad’s as I am back with him and hadn’t anticipated this kind of delay coming up and will soon be going back home which is over 100 miles away.  I’ve seen a few posts on the forums that show the fraud team may not hand the order back for a significant amount of time meaning I won’t be able to sign for the handset or even pick it up for two months when I come back. The other issue here being that I am in need of a working phone and sim that has network covering where I live…

Sorry for the lengthy post - and help would be gratefully relieved.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What's fraud got to do with it? It's day-to-day business with orders to id. & credit check.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Eljae
Investigator
Investigator

It was sent sent to the fraud team.

The EE member I dealt with in branch explained this to me, as did the person I spoke to on the phone later that day, and also the next person I spoke with on the phone at the end of yesterday (his answer on roughly how long it would take was that he didn’t know).

Hence my asking.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eljae 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Sorry we have no timeframe on how long investigations can take, as soon as there is an update on your account the team will be in touch to let you know. 

If you would like to get further details and an update please get back in touch with our mobile care team. 

Leanne. 

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thank you for your reply. Could you let me know which is the best number to contact EE about this? 

Thanks,

Jane

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eljae 

You can call us on 0800 956 6000 and the team can get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.