cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE bill that I don't owe?

EEEEEEEEEE
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a letter telling  me that I owe £14.77 for a recently closed account.

I have not had an EE account for well over 10 years.

The letter threatens debt collection and the Credit Reference problems I will face if I don't pay it.

I eventually managed to speak to CS who tell me that I havent passed security,  because I don't know my password and none of my bank accounts are on their system. No **bleep**, really?

I even asked how would I pay the bill, if I wanted to. I can't....because I haven't passed security!

The account number has my name attached to it, but she can tell me no more...because I haven't passed security.

The only option would be for me to travel 30 odd miles to my nearest EE store with photo ID to prove who I am. There is no compensation for fuel, parking or time wasted proving something that no have no knowledge of. 

EE are happy to send me a bill, threaten me and send me half way around the world for no reason.

How is this even remotely right?

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You may be better off putting your dispute in writing, together with any evidence that supports your version of events.

There is a contact email address on the below page that may be useful.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Archived-Posts/How-does-EE-use-my-credit-file-information/td-p/750867 

Thanks for that. It's ludicrous the lengths that EE will go to to write a threatening  letter, tell me  that I have to PROVE who I am ( despite writing to me) , ask me for a password from over 10 years ago, then tell me I can't pay it or even discuss it due to 'security' yet they are happy to **bleep** up my life over £14.77 that I clearly don't owe.