cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does 30 percent discount stays for?

anonannbarr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi EE Team,

I have currently 3 sim card with EE. 2 of them have 30 percent discount for 24 months? What happens after 24 months, will it stay the same price. Or will it revert to original price? Answer to this will be grateful.

I am currently trying to add 4th sim. If after 24 months, 30 percent discount expires, I won't be able afford 4th sim due to price going up to original price.  

Regards,

Anil

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@anonannbarr   So it’s a 2nd line discount.   This will remain permanently while you have a 2nd line.  It’s a discount for an additional line.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@anonannbarr   that depends why you’ve got the 30% discount in the first place,   Discounts usually remain providing you’re on the same contract. Sometimes they carry over onto new contracts when you upgrade but then again this does depend on why you’ve got that discount you don’t say.  

I have main sim which no discount, other 2 sim card are with 30 percent discount from ee. Like new sim card, not upgraded.

Screenshot below

anonannbarr_0-1699177995946.pnganonannbarr_1-1699178030885.png

@anonannbarr   So it’s a 2nd line discount.   This will remain permanently while you have a 2nd line.  It’s a discount for an additional line.  

Well that is good news then. I will be getting another sim then 🙂

bradleyjm
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat, but got my 30% discount through moving from PAYG to PAYM.

Will the discount remain when upgrading, or will it be a call to Retentions in 12 months time?

Cheers all,

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bradleyjm,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

How is the discount described on your bill?

James

Hi @James_B.

Thanks for your swift response and warm welcome - appreciated.

On My EE app, under Add-ons, it just says ‘30% Pay Monthly discount’.

When clicking further more, it proceeds to say ‘Discounts 30% from the monthly cost of your airtime for moving onto a pay monthly plan.’

Non-removable, not that I’d want to. 😂

Thank you.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bradleyjm 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

When you come to upgrade the discount will show in the checkout if this is eligible with the new plan, if this is not showing and no other discounts are applied please call us on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne.

I got the discount from changing my Pay as You Go SIM to Pay monthly, by chatting with EE in June 2023.

As I got the discount this way, would that apply on my account always, or until I upgrade?

As I don't need to upgrade for 12 months, I am not worried, but it looks like the discount is valid for the current contract.

Looks like a call to 150, nearer the time!

Cheers,