cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans, pricing and extra charges

K4yl20
Visitor

Does anyone know why i am being charged roaming charges, when i do not go abroad? I have iphone and it keeps putting charges on my bill, also it says i have an add-on for roaming that cannot be removed, why is this? Is there any way i can change my plan, as i am not going to pay over £80 a month, £73 was bad enough, but not its increasing again and £83 is ridiculous. I dont even have anything on my phone for the cost to be that high, but i cant change my plan for some reason?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@K4yl20 : You are not being charged roaming charges if you don't go abroad.

The free £2.29 / day EU roaming add-on is on nearly everybody's a/c. It only starts charging you when you use any of your UK allowances in the EU.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@K4yl20 , have you checked the breakdown of your bill to see what the extra charges are? If you are not abroad and have not been abroad, then there will not be any charges, I like many others have roaming enabled on our accounts, but when not abroad, no add-ons for roaming are ever there.

If you are not needing or not wanting roaming enabled, you can ask customer service to remove it for you, but if ever you go abroad, you would then have to enable roaming on your account again, by ringing customer service to enable it.,

Your price plan will go up in April, as mentioned on Martin Lewis show, which all network do every year and you can read here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/guide-to-bill/price-increase

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.