cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing bill

Karolee
Visitor

Hello, I'm a bit confused.  I signed contract for 2 years - sim&phone. Received message that from next month bill will increase.  To be honest, that's not fair.

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Karolee ,

Welcome to the community,

This happens every year, it is part of your contract and all networks do this, you just have to accept this.

Here, read this, it will explain it all to you:

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/guide-to-bill/price-increase

This has also been discussed on the Martin Lewis show.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No? But you agreed to it when you took out contract. It's the contractual Annual Price Changes on EE

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Karolee 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Each year, we adjust the prices of our products and services in-line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation, plus 3.9%. For EE and BT customers, their increase this year will be 7.9% (CPI 4.0% + 3.9%).

For full details and a calculator to see the estimated increase will be for you please see the Annual Price Changes on EE | Help | EE that @Schockwave @XRaySpeX  have provided 🙂

To help save money of your bill you can register for Airtime Rewards and you get money back every time you shop at selected major retailers.

Full details can be found in our Airtime Rewards, Help page.  

Leanne.

KB1777
Visitor

I also have had this and am now going to struggle as everything else has also gone up! Why do EE add an 3.9% onto inflation? Can anyone explain their reasoning please?

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KB1777 

Most people will see a few pound added to their monthly bill maximum. If you are going to struggle then I suspect you have bigger issues than this increase with your finances. 

If you cannot afford or are struggling then please read here;

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/financial-support/i-cant-pay-my-bill

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KB1777 

This annual change helps us manage our increasing operating costs (many of which are increasing above inflation) as well as to cover the significant investments we need to continue giving better products and better value to our customer. 

If you're worried about paying the bill please contact us, and we’ll find a solution that works for you. 

Leanne.