cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a VAT invoice

Sarahramseyg
Investigator
Investigator

Please can someone tell me how I can get a VAT INVOICE for my EE mobile Bill, so that I can claim it via my expenses whilst working from home due to the lockdown?

This is for a personal account not a business account, and the accountant will only accept a VAT invoice!  

56 REPLIES 56

Oh my did someone get out bed on the wrong side today, calm down it was only in jest and the rest well that was intentional 😀 so I could discover who the Fun Police 👮‍♀️ are in this community 🤣

@HMRC aka a troll.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Actually behind my little injection of fun what I have highlighted in legally correct, do your research, if you charge VAT you must display a VAT registration number the loophole is to make a statement as EE do saying “this is not a vat invoice” hence if you requiring you have to ask where EE are incorrect is they only provide one temporary for a short period upon request that is wrong they must provide a detailed VAT invoice whenever one is requested but EE just wants to get you to change to a Business account don’t be fooled in the long run it would be a costly mistake, Deals at renewal won’t be as good and you are on file as a business customer for up to 3 years maximum under data protection unless you request your data to be removed. Not a good plan for a private individual who occasionally needs to use their private phone for business. 

@XRaySpeX  Troll??? Hardly have I harassed or bullied anyone no not at all. 

For a comeback I score you 1 out of 10 very poor effort no thought or insight into your reply. But we thank you for participating in the chat at least you made the effort. 

@HMRC  As I said do you think EE haven’t actually looked into this to see whether they legally can do it like this.

The fact it still like this and has been for a few months now kind of suggests they can do it like this and are not doing anything wrong.  

Leanne

Can I ask why we have to open a business account just to gain a VAT receipt....

Not sure it's actually legal not to show VAT cost plain and simple on any bill/receipt 

Not anywhere on the standard bills does it show the VAT amount separately nor mention the VAT rate at 20%

Awaiting your reply...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pledger69

Welcome to the community. 

Our bills for personal users now show all charges inclusive of VAT. If you need a VAT breakdown for business purposes, you would need to switch to a business account. 

Leanne.

Madness - if VAT is collected, the customer can request a VAT invoice. This is a requirement of any business or individual who registers for VAT. I MUST give any customer my number on request. This is very clear on the HMRC VAT website. The lovely lady at EE confirmed they dont do it. The only option is a business account.

@paulears   Vat has to be shown as a separate line item only if you are invoiced you are not being invoiced you will be billed.    An invoice is for payment after the fact a bill is for payment before you get it..    You pay pro rata for your EE services so it’s a bill not a invoice.   

Same problem. I though it was the law to provide a propper receipt.