cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a VAT invoice

Sarahramseyg
Investigator
Investigator

Please can someone tell me how I can get a VAT INVOICE for my EE mobile Bill, so that I can claim it via my expenses whilst working from home due to the lockdown?

This is for a personal account not a business account, and the accountant will only accept a VAT invoice!  

56 REPLIES 56

Changing to a business account won’t solve the issue of claiming back expenses, if anything it makes it worse as nearly any employer will not reimburse a business when your an employee!

I think EE and some others see this as an opportunity to charge more for switching to a business account. I actually claim for my personal phone which I use for business and my accountant allows me to claim for the VAT paid, all he asks for is that I hand write the VAT number on the bill. We the customers are asking for an invoice for what we have to pay but they refuse to give it. so the only way is to leave them and go to another provider who will agree to provide you with a VAT invoice at point of sale. EE and others have a lesson to be learnt and only us the customers can teach them. We as a business always provide a VAT invoice, but they have gone out of their way and made an effort to change their invoices withholding the VAT information. So if you are not happy like me, you know what to do.

You know what - I think you are bang on there. As a matter of course, I ALWAYS give my customers a VAT receipt. I can't see why on earth you'd want to make it difficult and upset your customers! Plus, I'm definitely being overcharged for my usage - much better deals out there!  I'm leaving soon for sure. Not being tricked into a more expensive 'business account'!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wolstyles

Thanks for posting. 

Our bills for personal users now show all charges inclusive of VAT. If you need a VAT breakdown for business purposes, please get in touch with Customer Care to arrange switching to a business account.

The team will go through the plans and let you know what options are available.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

You seem to either have not read or understand the thread, we can’t and won’t change to a business account when it will not enable us to receive reimbursement of expenses from our employers. As customers we should be able to get a vat receipt for our purchases regardless of which there is no way of doing so since you have stupidly changed the bill format!!

@Leanne_T : It's not that easy for an ordinary consumer to take out a business contract with you, besides just not wanting to look like a business to their employer (& the VAT man) when they are simply an employee. All sorts of documentation, much of which is non-existent, needs to be supplied.

It's far simpler for EE to include on their mobile bills their VAT Reg No. which EE has always put on Broadband bills. It is VAT reg.no: GB 245 7193 48.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Any company including EE that are charging VAT have an obligation to provide a detailed VAT Invoice to any customer whom requests one they do not need to be registered as a business to request a VAT Invoice but the company in this case EE have a legal obligation by HMRC to provide a detailed VAT Invoice upon request.

Furthermore VAT cannot charge without stating that you are charging VAT on said Invoice and you must legally provide a VAT Registration Number on all documents where VAT is charged.

You have 28 days notice to rectify this matter on all customers future invoices. 

@HMRC : What authority do you have to serve notice? Are you who your nick purports to be? Is so, you would be serving EE notice officially in writing.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@HMRC Good try at pretending you are HMRC, but the spelling and grammar let you down🤔🤔

@HMRC   This is almost as bad a as scam HRMC phone call.   Do you really think EE haven’t looked in to this to know what that are allowed to do.