cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Royal Mail haven’t delivered my trade in phone 🙁

Cookloz
Explorer

I upgraded and part of the deal was to trade in my old phone. Used all the packaging and labels that were sent to me and handed it over at the post office on 19/01/24 to  get my proof of postage. 6 days later and it still hasn’t been delivered 🙄. Not surprised, but I now face £275 being added to my bill as failure to trade in my device. I have checked tracking info and it says “in transit. This hasn’t changed since 21/01/24. I spoke to EE customer service today and was advised to contact Royal Mail. In order to try and claim for an undelivered item I need proof of the items worth - what am I supposed to show them? I have no documentation from EE, the trade in pack that contained the packaging and postage label simply says the quotation date, quote ID number and amount of £0!
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated 🙏

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cookloz  Providing you have proof of postage you can not be charged anything,  it’s not your fault it’s not been delivered.    You shouldn’t be trying to locate this package as once you post it it’s not your concern. You can provide all the information to EE so they can except it’s been posted.     Just call customer services explain the situation and request to them that you send them the proof of postage information. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Cookloz 

Did you pay for the extra delivery service? If the OP hasn't paid the additional postage for the additional claims limits then they will only be able to claim from for the limit on the postage used. As for proof you must have something from EE about the value of your trade in which you could use. 

@Chris_B that is not correct as the OP could have posted anything. It would be up to EE if they waiver the fee. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Cookloz
Explorer

Thank you for your replies, I’ve just received a text message from EE saying that they have now received the phone I sent! 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

That's great to hear @Cookloz

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

Katie