cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAVE YOU GOT INTERNATIONAL CALLS SHOWING ON YOUR BILL THAT YOU DID NOT MAKE?

COCOKHAN
Investigator
Investigator

As a result of the migration from BT to EE my vulnerable dad has become the innocent victim of fraud crimes. Dad was sent an incorrect sim in december 2023 as part of the migration process, he contacted BT/EE on 150 he was told he could keep the sim as an additional pay as you go. He was told to go into an EE store to get this installed, it took two trips into an EE store for this to happen. Fast forward to beginning of Feb, and he got his first bill with EE for his original contract line, the new sim was showing as an additional contract line and there were £200+ of extra call charges, the bill was itemised and there’s 2 A4 pages of international calls to Zimbabwe, Morocco, Tunisia, Yugoslavia/Serbia at all times of the day and night, times when he has been present with me and that I have video and photographic and witness evidence of proving that he did not make the calls. We have encountered the worst type of incompetence in dealing with EE since this, everything from not putting vulnerable markers on, not taking accountability for miselling, not recognising it as fraud, he has a duel sim handset and their geo positioning tech is not sophisticated enough to deal with what we are saying and they keep telling us they can’t report internal data breaches. I am trying to help my elderly dad, but if they don’t verify me before speaking about dads account, how easy it must be for fraudsters!

We reported this FRAUD to the POLICE  on the same evening that we reported it to EE Immediately as soon as we saw this on his bill. Dad has subsequently met with the police and they have taken all the evidence and recognise it as a serious fraud crime and have passed on the investigation to the national crime agency. I’m in the process of reporting with OFCOM, ICO, TRADING STANDARDS and BBC WATCHDOG. I have given EE numerous opportunities to help resolve this, and they have declined to competently handle all aspects of this, in fact I was told by an EE manager (Barbara - Falkirk) on Monday 12th feb, that they can’t report internal data breaches and on Wednesday 14th feb (Lee Archibald -executive complaints handler) that they wouldn’t be extra careful with a vulnerable customer. EE refuses to take accountability or provide duty of care or give us the level of customer service that we expect. If you or anyone you know has the same /same type of fraud on your bill recently please let me know here. 

4 REPLIES 4
COCOKHAN
Investigator
Investigator

‎15-02-2024 07:59 AM

As a result of the migration from BT to EE my vulnerable dad has become the innocent victim of fraud crimes. Dad was sent an incorrect sim in december 2023 as part of the migration process, he contacted BT/EE on 150 he was told he could keep the sim as an additional pay as you go. He was told to go into an EE store to get this installed, it took two trips into an EE store for this to happen. Fast forward to beginning of Feb, and he got his first bill with EE for his original contract line, the new sim was showing as an additional contract line and there were £200+ of extra call charges, the bill was itemised and there’s 2 A4 pages of international calls to Zimbabwe, Morocco, Tunisia, Yugoslavia/Serbia at all times of the day and night, times when he has been present with me and that I have video and photographic and witness evidence of proving that he did not make the calls. We have encountered the worst type of incompetence in dealing with EE since this, everything from not putting vulnerable markers on, not taking accountability for miselling, not recognising it as fraud, he has a duel sim handset and their geo positioning tech is not sophisticated enough to deal with what we are saying and they keep telling us they can’t report internal data breaches. I am trying to help my elderly dad, but if the don’t verify me before speaking about dads account, how easy it must be for fraudsters!

We reported this FRAUD to the POLICE  on the same evening that we reported it to EE Immediately as soon as we saw this on his bill. Dad has subsequently met with the police and they have taken all the evidence and recognise it as a serious fraud crime and have passed on the investigation to the national crime agency. I’m in the process of reporting with OFCOM, ICO, TRADING STANDARDS and BBC WATCHDOG. I have given EE numerous opportunities to help resolve this, and they have declined to competently handle all aspects of this, in fact I was told on monday 12th feb, that they can’t report internal data breaches and on wednesday 14th feb EE exec complaints handler said that they wouldn’t be extra careful with a vulnerable customer. EE refuses to take accountability or provide duty of care or give us the level of customer service that we expect. If you or anyone you know has the same /same type of fraud on your bill recently please let me know here. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @COCOKHAN

We take fraud very seriously and though we can't comment on the specifics I understand this will be concerning, it really is worth speaking to our team again on 150 to get this raised further.

Katie

I have spoken to your team on 150, yesterday your exec complaint handler told me in no uncertain terms that he in effect did not believe the police took this seriously, “you could get a crime ref from anywhere” even though I suggested he speak directly with the police, I give him my consent to speak with them, he told me that “no additional care is taken for vulnerable customers because that would be prejudiced”, and he failed to recognise that the fact that dad had been missold a pay monthly, instead of pay as you go was part of the root problem. I appreciate you can’t comment on the specifics but who can I speak to in EE? when the complaints handler is inferring that I and my very elderly dad are lying. I will alongside the rest of my family take my business elsewhere even if it leaves me out of pocket to come out of contract. And I’ll also alongside bbc watchdog, be picking up with relevant disability organisations to notify them of how your company has treated my dad. This is a matter of principle, I’ve been nothing but kind and patient, and if your complaints handler can be rude like that - then what hope is there? I’ve lost trust in EE. if you look at my account you’ll see that I have been a loyal customer for years and my career relies upon my integrity, so for the complaints handler to say that. That has broken me, I’ve cried all night over EE’s attitude towards my elderly dad. 

@COCOKHAN , have you tried ringing EE customer service and see if you could speak to someone else?

Also check here how to complain, this may be of some help:

https://ee.co.uk/mobile-complaint

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.