Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill

bromin0307
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have cancelled my contract as I moved out of the country. It seems that EE sends the final bill via post, but I am not able to retrieve this as I have already moved out of the country. I am also unable to contact EE via phone as I will be charged ridiculously expensive rate for international calling. I was also unable to find an email address on the EE website.

What should I do in this case?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Why didn't you plan ahead and make sure that you had cancelled and received your final bill by post before leaving the country?

You won't be able to use any email address, you'll just have to bite the bullet and phone EE.

Full details would have been available to read here, including how to contact them afterwards.

Leaving EE

Can I access EE Mobile account after I've left?
You'll be able to view your bills for six months after cancelling.

If you think you’ll need them for longer than that, it’s a good idea to download them before you leave.

If you need details from your account, call 07953 966 250 from any phone.

Previous forum post here will give you the UK freephone number for the EE Sales team you can try instead.

How exactly do we pay our final bill?

Funny enough, nearly the same as the answer from yesterday on this one too, phone them.

How can I pay my last bill?

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

EE let me keep the number by downgrading to pay as you go. So my account is still active, but there’s no bill associated with my account. I’ve had to give them 30 days notice, which I thought was more than enough time to prepare for it. I obviously needed the line active until the last day.

Thank you for your very helpful reply.

As it was switched to PAYG while you were abroad you can't now use it until you return to UK. EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. 

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You will then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The SIM seems to be working as I can receive text messages (which is free even when abroad).

I will need to contact EE for sure as the agent who helped me switch to pay as you go has misinformed me. She assured me that I will be able to keep my number for two years while I’m away.

Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes you can receive free texts even when it is not enabled for roaming.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)