cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End if Contract Process

ArbieW
Investigator
Investigator

I've been trying to find out exactly what I need to do when my contract ends, but I can't get anyone to answer a few straight questions, I just get upgrade sales pitches.

I am leaving EE when my contract ends on 8th August. My bill date is 7th of every month and my ddr goes out on 15th. The first question I have is will 15th July be my final payment date. I was also told that I need to pay £14.70 as I'm not renewing or upgrading. Is this a joke?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ArbieW : If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. Otherwise if you intend to move to another network, either taking your existing no. with you or not, get your PAC or STAC respectively from EE & give it to your new provider. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for the info xray. My intention was to contact EE 45 days before my contract is due to end, informing them that I will not be renewing after the end date. I was then going to request a PAC around 21 days before end date (as I believe they expire after 30 days) and give to my new provider. I still have no idea  given what I have just said why they want to charge me nearly 15 quid to do that. I will still be using EE service up to the day the contract is due to end.

You don't cancel a contract when you intend to port your no. away using a PAC. It's 1 or t'other. The use of a PAC auto cancels your EE contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Gotcha, cheers.