Billing

Joshn94
Contributor
Contributor

So I’ve been struggling for work as I’m self employed, have been unable to pay phone bill. The amount has now been passed over to Advantis, I will be paying this off over the next couple weeks, does this mean my contract is cancelled or will they turn services back on once paid??

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joshn94

You might want to read THIS 

You also should have called customer services about this before hand so something could have been arranged before it got handed to a debt collector.  

Oh I did I spoke to them numerous times about me struggling to find work they didn’t care, also they want £180 for services to be turned back on so as me being out of work it was a struggle, for them to cut me off again a week later demanding another £180

Also once your account is suspended u can’t contact them on EE live chat you can only make a payment or use someone’s phone to ring but who’s giving you there phone for an hour 🤣, they have no contact email and you’ve got a phone that u can’t use 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Joshn94

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Do you have access to another phone or do you live near an EE Store?

When was your SIM last disconnected?

Speak soon, 

Katie

JaydonOneal
Investigator
Investigator

It's unlikely that your contract will be automatically canceled due to a missed payment, especially if you're actively working to resolve the outstanding balance. Typically, once you've paid off the overdue amount, your service should be restored. However, it's essential to communicate directly with your service provider to confirm the details of your situation and to ensure there are no disruptions to your contract.

No sorry I live on my own, the sim has been off for a week now till I’ve paid amount due that’s with Adventist debt collectors 

Christopher_G

Hi @Joshn94 

Have you spoken with the debt collection agency to discuss the balance and getting reconnected?

Chris

Yes have spoke to debt collection team and have set up direct debit to be paid off I just want to know how if my contract will continue after paying it off 

Christopher_G

You will need to discuss reconnection with the debt collections agency, @Joshn94. It depends on what kind of payment plan they have you on.

Chris