cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We sum only contract change

Sxa123
Visitor

Hi I’m currently on a EE sim only contract where someone from my house is able to transfers me extra data and that person is also paying for my contract. I was wondering how I can cancel that contract and switch to a different sim only contract with EE where I can I pay for it.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sxa123 : You don't need to cancel it; just to transfer ownership to yourself.

The current owner of the account needs to call CS with both of you available on the line to effect a change of ownership. You will need to pass a credit check. You will then be paying for that contract. If you can't do it together CS will give the current owner a password for you to quote when you call.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sxa123  If you’re still within that contract period you’ll have to pay off that contract to terminate it.    You could take ownership of that contract and the account holder will have to call customer services with both of your present to make this request.  You’ll also have to pass a credit check before it’s moved to you.