cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi contract with EE

mathi
Visitor

I am a Landlord of a building with two flats - Downstairs is Flat1 and Upstairs is Flat 2. One of the rwo tenants of Flat 1 has sent the following message " Our wifi contract has run out,our provider ee has offered us a new contract ,but it requires some small works on the house- a small white box on the outside and a small white box on the inside. This will be a permanent upgrade to the quality of wifi you can get in the flat ,and is due to become standard in all homes.       Do we have your permission to install this?             In the past some Tenants caused lot of damage when they had broad band with another supplier and they had to pay for the damages . I will be getting my Association's and Lawyer's guidance as well.Can EE Community advise me regarding this subject .

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's quite normal & the way things are going with BB. It's a gradual transition from Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) to  Fibre To The Premises (FTTP), often called Full Fibre, - see How is Fibre to the Premises installed?

The tenant probably does not have to take up the offer yet but probably will in the long run. It will probably be cheaper for the tenant to take the offer.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker's Address Checker estimate for that addy? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out the addy.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

As the install would be done by Openreach I can assure you that the engineers do a very tidy job.

If any damage is caused by the installers then it would be Openreach who would compensate/remediate.