cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it taking so long to get a broadband/landline

Shshssh
Visitor

Hello so the problem is that I made an order for broadband/landing (wifi) I am waiting from 9 of April and when I check the tracking order option it says that they will come on 13 of June I was just wondering if anyone else have been waiting for that long

11 REPLIES 11
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Shshssh  there is no account access on here, but the reasons could be many.

Does the property already have any Openreach infrastructure - if not it may need to be built.

If it has, does it have a previous user? If so, if they cancelled the service no other ISP can get a service provided until the cease period is complete - this can be 30 days.

What does the BTW DSL checker say for your address ? https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

Post the results, hiding your address.

Fuseonic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I ordered Full Fibre on 31st March, provisional install date was 19th April. I'm in a flat so Openreach have to come and install it into the block first, I phoned on the 17th April and EE contacted Openreach and they just got told there is a 30 day SLA and to not bother them again until the 19th May. Still no sign of Openreach actually installing it into our block yet (there's only 9 flats so its not like a large build)

Order tracker still says 19th April as the provisional install date, which is the annoying part. I have to phone them to get any updates.

@Shshssh   have you spoken to your landlord to see if they are willing to give Openreach permission to carry out work in the building? Is fibre available in your area?

See the following for more info https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-home/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband-to-your-apar... 

Fuseonic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wayleave should already be sorted, it wasn't coming up as available to order for the last year despite the rest of the street having full fibre.

Looks like they haven't done it in the order that the link says, it should already be installed into the block before you can order according to they flow chart. I just called EE again just now but they can't get anything out of Openreach until the review date on the 16th May and then its only a review for them to say whats happening. If I need to chase the management company to get things moving then I am happy to do so, but Openreach need to be acting less like a black box in order to enable that.

@Fuseonic  Wayleaves are not applied for before an order is placed.

As for availability on the street, are all premixes flats, or are they a mixture of houses and others that have been converted?

Anyway, the first step in the process  advises that requesters can help speed up the process by filling out the form.

FAQs for residents

Fuseonic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did that about 9 months ago after Openreach contacted me saying they wanted to make it available but they needed the details of the management company.

The link you sent has this diagram:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 17.24.14.png

Up until a month ago you couldn't place an order for full fibre in my building but you could down the rest of the street, the Openreach site you linked to even says they get the wayleave before you can place an order.

@Fuseonic   can you post the results of the BTW DSL  checker, hiding your address.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

In particular include the comments on the right, and text below the table.

Have you spoken with the landlord, what contact have they had?

Multiple occupancy buildings are more difficult and mostly take longer to get done that individual homes.

Fuseonic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Heres the results, thanks

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 18.02.10.png

I've not spoken with the landlord recently, I'm happy to reach out to them if there is a something specific Openreach need me to follow up.

I understand installing in a flat is not as easy as a house, I'm just expressing my dissatisfaction about how EE and Openreach handle the process. If you can't install it for 6 months just tell me instead of this review date nonsense - which sounds like just kicking the can down the road because its only when Openreach are supposed to give an update which might just be another review date.

Anyway I didn't mean to hijack @Shshssh's thread, I was just responding to the question has anyone else been waiting that long.

@Fuseonic  thanks, the KC12 bit on the right, and mention of build being required suggests a few more hoops to go yet.

Alas customers can't speak to Openreach direct, and some ISP's don't understand the feedback they get, and have no clue what to tell customers. I fear all you can do is be patient and wait for the updates to be available. Until all the boxes have been ticked no one will know how long it will take. Unless maybe you know the CEO at Openreach, a emil has been known to help in some cases!