cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation due

Charlotte_M
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered my broadband on the 12/12/2023. I have been with EE for a very long time! The engineer didn’t come out till the 10th of April. I had to unfortunately postpone my university course due to not being able to do my essays etc as had no internet or family support!! I  spoke with EE TODAY as it has been 30 days since activation and they are now telling me I am not due compensation as the connection date was April!  How is this ok that open reach can delay you months and months but now EE telling me  I’m not eligible for the comp!!!! Has anyone else had this problem????? I was told by 3 EE employees I was due comp btw!!  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Charlotte_M  compensation is due for delays after you have been given a confirmed activation date. The time it can take to deliver broadband services depends on many things, including if new lines need to be run where you have not had a suitable service to your property.

Alas there is no account access on here so no one knows what has happened in your case. The following Help page may help you understand when compensation may be paid, and what explain to Customer Services when you call.

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/fix-problem/automatic-compensation#article-heading-1 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Charlotte_M  compensation is due for delays after you have been given a confirmed activation date. The time it can take to deliver broadband services depends on many things, including if new lines need to be run where you have not had a suitable service to your property.

Alas there is no account access on here so no one knows what has happened in your case. The following Help page may help you understand when compensation may be paid, and what explain to Customer Services when you call.

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/fix-problem/automatic-compensation#article-heading-1