cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet drops out every few minutes for a couple seconds.

reiayanami
Explorer

I've recently installed the broadband hub and I assumed it was just up to it settling and it'll eventually go away but over the past few hours it keeps getting worse and worse, the WiFi is fine then immediately cuts out for a few seconds and comes back, it wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't just stop me dead in my tracks when attempting to play games or call friends. does anyone else have this issue or is it a common issue for people who have just set up the broadband hub

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Is it the BB as a whole dropping or just the WiFi connections? Do Ethernet connected devices stay working? What colours are the light sequence when it happens?

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

not sure if its BB or just wifi but we dont have any devices connected to ethernet, only WIFI and this happens somewhat inconsistently but is still occurring enough to be a serious issue, any calls, games, downloads etc just cease to work for a few seconds? maybe a faulty hub? the colors stay the same just on the basic aqua.

Product code:

SH31B

Serial number:

+114403+2317000496

Firmware version:

r1.19.1-R-898041-PROD-83002

Firmware updated:

N/A

GUI version:

DSL uptime:

2 Mins

Data rate:

19.59 Mbps / 72.73 Mbps

Data sent / received:

6.07 MB Uploaded / 13.02 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Wi-Fi:

N/A

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

EE-9HK85Z

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

EE-9HK85Z

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 100)

Wireless security:

WPA2-Personal

Wireless mode:

Wi-Fi 6 performance

Firewall:

On

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

The DSL uptime of 2 minutes suggests that the actual broadband link is dropping out, unless your screen grab was taken shortly after restarting the hub?