Explorer

Need help

17 REPLIES 17
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Mortonben9

Welcome to EE Community 

it's available on the mobile network but still not available on the fixed network.

Thanks,

David.

Is IPv6 available on EE home broadband yet? Is there a date it will be due?

No & No.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I spoke with first line support over a password issue a couple of weeks ago (mid August 2020) and he did not know what IPv6 was so I'm not holding out any hope...

I'm currently investigating IPv4 to IPv6 tunnels as a few of the sites and forums I visit are beginning to complain that my IP address is blocked due to spam use and I'm sick of restarting the router or the pppoe link to get a 'clean' IP address.

At some point, it's going to be less hassle to move ISP than keep working around the limits of this broadband service for me.

So far, I've had to replace the provided router(s) with my own and my own APs as I have WAN issues that tech support say is due to the 'number of devices' despite showing them bandwidth use and router error reports (normally PPP server connection or ISP log-in). Still get the errors but now can cover the whole house AND recovery is quicker...

Gut feel is that BT / Plusnet are becoming the broadband providers of the group as they get the newer services / boxes first and EE is going to be the mobile provider as it seems to get the mobile capabilities first...

G'day Andryroo, I switched from PlusNet because there has been no movement there for IPV6 either, and their speeds were quite a bit lower than EE.

@Skull66 : They shouldn't be.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

when will be available on fibre?

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No details available at the moment.