cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a BT line to EE broadband account

mmrawnsley
Contributor
Contributor

My EE broadband account is many years old - long before 2017 - can I change my BT landline to EE or will I have to have a new broadband account - much dearer?

25 REPLIES 25
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@XRaySpeX  Currently @mmrawnsley  pays BT line rental and calls and EE for broadband only, no line rental, which is how SMPF worked. Now line rental is included in the broadband package and you add on your calls package. Are you on a similar arrangement?

@Storm500 : Yes, I know how SMPF works & is paid for. I had it for years.

No, I now have "Fibre W/Out Landline" with EE. It does include  line rental but no calls package as it has no landline no.

Separately I have a landline from BT with a Anytime Calls package. However I consider I am an unusual case. Not many peeps have 2 landlines to the house.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I will have to ring EE tomorrow to see what I can do to leave BT and swop over my landline phone number to EE. Thanks

The OP will not be able to do get EE to take over the BT line as is. Since Sept last year people could only retain their number if the new supplier can move them to a VOIP/Digital Voice solution..

Much will depend on what faculties are available to the OP.

@mmrawnsley  do you have any upgrade options available in your MYEE?

And can you post the results of the BTW DSL Checker, hiding your number?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Unable to find out about upgrade options on line.

I have done print screen but it isn't all of the info - not sure how to include stop further down.  Tried pdf but of course can't exclude phone number.

mmrawnsley_0-1707339267253.png

Look in your online MyEE for BB: BROADBAND > Change Your Broadband Plan 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@mmrawnsley   giving EE a call is a good idea.

From the DSL checker, it shows your ADSL speeds are quite low, although you are getting better than the suggested rates. That said it also shows you should get very good SOGEA rates so I would suggest an upgrade in speeds. You current rates may not give the best VOIP/Digital Voice performance particularly if/when you were streaming or downloading the internet.

Let us know how you get on.

@Mustrum : If the OP goes SOGEA with EE he won't have a landline no. with them & would need to retain his landline with BT if it's required.

@Mustrum wrote:

Since Sept last year people could only retain their number if the new supplier can move them to a VOIP/Digital Voice solution.

Where is that stated? I'm sure I've seen users who moved their existing WLR landlines between providers w/out moving their BB. There's no physical change.

@XRaySpeX  my understanding from the OP first post is that they only have one line,  a legacy solution paying BT for the voice element and EE for Broadband only. If they still have two lines then OK

But if only one line and the OP went SOGEA or SOADSL doing so would cease the BT number associated with the line.

They would need to get EE to take over the BT line and convert it to Digital Voice.