cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can actualy record 1.6gbps on a device in their property ?

Gfaefife
Investigator
Investigator

So i'm a new customer full fibre installed by openreach for EE. 

1.6gbps guaranteed 1.3gbps. the full ee package. 

Had 12 openreach engineers attend my home max speed is 945mbps.

Tested the fibre with an exfo OTDR and the line is clear. 

Smart hub 2 has in input of 2.5gbps on the only wan port ( RED)  from the PON.  ( pon is the new small 2.5gbps box)

Hope my terminology for the device is correct but you get the idea.

But can only output on the 4 yellow ethernet ports at 1gbps so you can't ever get any faster with EE equipment.

Oh i hear you say its wifi 6 max speed oy of tht has been 750mbps on an android phone. 

The Openreach engineer has no way to test the speed at anything over 1gbps  he can bypass the hub and do a wireless test on his mobile through the router but not using the ee software,  that comes back as being fine but then gets a text with the result at 940mbps.....

The result is EE seem to be selling a service that with the current equipment can't give you the speeds you would expect.  so if someone out there has had a min 1.3gbps and recorded it on say OKLA speed test  i would be very interested to find out how this is possible .  I also have a 2.5gbps network card hooke to the hub with cat 8 cables so my equipment is capable. 

they have offered to downgrade my service but thats not why i chose EE. i wanted the high speeds and the bandwidth.

i'm awaiting  details of what's going to happen from EE next week. as they are looking into the issue.

15 REPLIES 15
pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I get the speeds ... although I dont use the supplied router/modem

speedtest.png

miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

like @pyrotenax I get the speeds, without the supplied EE hardware.

speed-test.png

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gfaefife wrote:

But can only output on the 4 yellow ethernet ports at 1gbps so you can't ever get any faster with EE equipment.

Yes, you can, over WiFi. It's possible to get 1.6 Gig over WiFi & I'm sure some users here have using the EE SH+.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am using the provided router and close to the main router can get full 1.6gbps speed no problem. Further away using few of the WiFi Plus devices I am easily getting 1.1-1.3gbps on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. So with WiFi 6 devices being relatively close it should be no problem - I have seen few people having the same issue with their service being somehow topping maximum around 900mb mark but it was usually something to do with BT/EE or openreach. 

Thanks , its exactly what i expected , but don't see why i should provide my handwear for a service im paying for from EE

what router modem are you using Orbi or something like that ?

Thanks , its exactly what i expected , but don't see why i should provide my handwear for a service im paying for from EE

what router modem are you using Orbi or something like that ?  just like the reply above thanks for your help

as above you cant get it hardwired without  a replacement hub / router 

i can put my i phone right next to the hub and get a max 600mbps , please can you tell me how you changed the setting on your hub to receive these speeds ? Also on  the smart wifi plus extenders you get a max of about 300mbps on a good day.

as above you cant get it hardwired without  a replacement hub / router 

i can put my i phone right next to the hub and get a max 600mbps , please can you tell me how you changed the setting on your hub to receive these speeds ? Also on  the smart wifi plus extenders you get a max of about 300mbps on a good day.

cheers 

Gfaefife
Investigator
Investigator

Gfaefife_0-1711874941986.png