cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link broadband

maarv
Visitor

Hello,

I just purchased a new package and got sent a link to create an EE ID under my package. I did this but then it wouldn't let me login to the account. I tried resetting the password and it said account didn't exist. I then went to create a new account and when I try to link my broadband to an account it says it's already linked to an existing account. 

Please can someone assist with unlinking from the account I can't access to my new account?

Many thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @maarv, sorry you're having some issue with the EEID. We'll be happy to help you with this. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team.

Cheers

John

maarvv
Visitor

DISCLAIMER: This is my previous post. I was previously talking to Neil-O about this issue before my account got deleted. I am still unable to link my broadband to my account.

Hello,

I just purchased a new package and got sent a link to create an EE ID under my package. I did this but then it wouldn't let me login to the account. I tried resetting the password and it said account didn't exist. I then went to create a new account and when I try to link my broadband to an account it says it's already linked to an existing account. 

Please can someone assist with unlinking from the account I can't access to my new account?

Many thanks!

foo123
Visitor

Is linking a broad account be fixed on this year, i.e. 2024 or perhaps year 2025 onwards?

Maarvvv
Explorer

Hello again, @John-C & @Neil-O ,

I have created a new EE ID successfully however I got the error to call up support as there was an error linking my account number. So 1 step further at least! They have created a ticket on their end for the tech team to manually link it. I'm not sure if you have coverage on that but if you could let them know the issues we have faced so far and keep track of the ticket that'd be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your weekends! 🙂 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Maarvvv No worries, I'll get back to when I've an update on that ticket.

Neil

isajazarosco
Visitor

Did you get this fixed. We have the same issue. Contacted ee 3 times and noone can help!?!?

Hi there, 

No I still haven't had this fixed. Really poor performance from the IT team. It's just issue after issue, I really regret transitioning over now. My best advice is get a chat line open with one of the forum support team and raise the issue. Here's to hoping it's done by end of Feb 😛

muffs
Contributor
Contributor

Having experienced EE Service linking issues myself, migrating from BT to EE and having had the EE online linker reject 4 notified account numbers.

The solution in my case was to substitute 02 in place of the two leading alpha characters (GB).

EE staff themselves were not aware of the alpha character complication as they do not use them internally.

Hope this helps.

Bexter56
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi. Thanks for your reply . I'm EE to new EE.

Unfortunately the substitution of GB with 02 has already been suggested by
EE but this doesn't work either.