cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ongoing saga of transferring from BT to EE...

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's now over five weeks since I moved over from BT to EE on the promise that everything would be and work the same, except I'd have upgraded WiFi, from the Smart Hub Plus and Smart WiFi devices.

That has proved to be anything but the case, and I still have the following outstanding issues:

1. I can't pay by recurring card payment, despite this being an option with BT and the EE sales adviser confirming I'd be able to set this up with EE after the transfer.
  2. DDNS functionality has been removed from the router, which is necessary given that EE only offers dynamic IP addresses.
  3. Alexa functionality is no longer available for the Advanced Digital Phones with Alexa, despite the fact that the sales adviser confirmed I'd keep using my digital phones as with BT. EE has confirmed this functionality will not be reinstated.
  4. Whilst initially accessible, my broadband account has now disappeared altogether when I log in to EE via the website or the app, so I can't access bills or manage the account because I have no way, on any platform, to access it.
  5. When the broadband account was visible on the EE website and app, I couldn't use the Manage WiFi option, because it gave an error that I wasn't connected to my home WiFi, even though I was.
  6. When the broadband account was visible on the EE website and app, I couldn't access my bills, because it would consistently take me to the login screen, log me in, then loop back to the login screen.
  7. I can't use the EE-WiFi hotspots, because when I select to sign in with my EE broadband details, it accepts my login details, but then loops back to the login page and doesn't enable my network access.
  8. The EE app now doesn't even work properly for me to manage my EE mobile account, because most of the fields where there should be information/function buttons say "Something's wrong".

I'm still in touch with BT/EE Executive Complaints, and have already been offered the opportunity to exit the contract without penalty, so that I can go back to BT (or, maybe give Vodafone a shot - it's advertising WiFi 6E routers, although it's speed guarantee is lower than BT/EE's). I'd tried to hold off doing that, in the hope that EE would resolve these issues. But I think the time is coming where I'll have to accept EE is in a mess and move on. EE is using paying customers as beta testers at the moment, and not even responding very well when we highlight the problems you'd expected beta testers to find. It's simply not good enough.

23 REPLIES 23

My contract with BT expired in mid-November so I rang to see if I could get a better deal (Broadband and landline}. They suggested  EE would be cheaper so I agreed to a transfer. The transfer didn't go well but after many phone calls only one thing is unresolved. I have an EE account that I can't access. I now get an email telling me that a direct debit is being collected but I can't check how much it is. This is a fault affecting people who transfer from BT to EE and customer services are aware. EE are in breach of the Direct Debit Guarantee and I've already received compensation of about £50 for 'their service not being up to my expectations'. My advice is to make a formal complaint and use this phrase. Formal complaints are logged in a way that complaints to the call centres are not and they have to be addressed. I've given EE fourteen days to sort out my current issue so we shall see how that goes.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Sal_ No, I'd definitely stick with BT, if I were you. I've had nothing but trouble and can't even log in to my mobile account now. I really regret moving from BT. I'm at a stage now where the resolution being offered is allowing me to leave the contract early without penalty, so I can move to another provider!

Thanks for that @garywood84 , will stay with BT for now.

Good luck with getting things sorted !

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Sal_ Cheers mate 👍

Notts1947
Investigator
Investigator

Gary wish I had seen all the problems before I was transferred last week without any information. I have an ongoing complaint and the initial phone call has been listened to and my complaint upheld. I still can't access the app and according to it I don't have any EE equipment.

I am surprised BT hasn't got a grip on the issues. I am assured that I will get another call on Tuesday to make sure it is happening. The only upside is if I don't have any EE equipment then I won't be getting a bill. Doubt that's the case. So EE is  slower than BT and doesn't even register an upload on Speed smart. No free Anti virus and loose Discovery+ all in all an inferior product. To top it all the local EE shop is still selling BT broadband. You couldn't make it up must be the ultimate in poor customer service.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear this, @Notts1947

I moved over to EE from BT in November 2023, and the issues are still not resolved. I have a BT Executive Complaints Manager, who is excellent - he keeps his promises to call me when he's said he will. But he's waiting for other teams to respond and that's not happening quickly.

Most recently, he told me that the issue was with merging EE account IDs, and that my broadband and mobile accounts would be relinked by 25 March. He called me that day to say that a bigger issue had been identified and now the estimated fix date is 10 April. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.

The saving grace is that I'm not paying for my service at the moment, because the Complaint Manager is applying credit to my account month to offset the bills. He has also said I could leave without penalty so that I could go to anothe provider, or back to BT. I don't really want to do that, because to get the best deal, I'd need to move my mobile account as well as my broadband, but where I live, EE is the only provider with 5G: the rest are all 4G with no published plans to upgrade. So I'm holding out for the fix to the EE broadband... fingers crossed for 10 April...

I hope you get yours sorted too, mate.

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@garywood84  I’ve been told 31st March for the account linking issue. 

kinda feels like they are making it us they go, I applaud you for holding their feet to the fire, I’ve previously been there years ago with another BT issue and found dealing with them to be exhausting 🙂

good luck with your issues and hope you get a satisfactory resolution soon.

We were told the 31st too although I'm doubtful.

I've noticed the ads showing all the amazing parental controls have disappeared but they're still pushing things like "gaming mode" which I can't see anywhere.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Derang Thanks, mate. I'm not sure my that by stubbornness is actually working, but we'll see what happens by 10 April. EE has offered to let me leave the contract without penalty, and it may come to that. But I don't think it should have to, and whilst I'm basically getting the service -- albeit one I can't manage -- for free, I think I might as well hold out...

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well it’s the 10th April 🥳

I don’t see anything different within my account and still can’t link accounts and still have no access to manage the BB, TV or digital voice products.

Have you made any progress Gary?