cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ongoing saga of transferring from BT to EE...

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's now over five weeks since I moved over from BT to EE on the promise that everything would be and work the same, except I'd have upgraded WiFi, from the Smart Hub Plus and Smart WiFi devices.

That has proved to be anything but the case, and I still have the following outstanding issues:

1. I can't pay by recurring card payment, despite this being an option with BT and the EE sales adviser confirming I'd be able to set this up with EE after the transfer.
  2. DDNS functionality has been removed from the router, which is necessary given that EE only offers dynamic IP addresses.
  3. Alexa functionality is no longer available for the Advanced Digital Phones with Alexa, despite the fact that the sales adviser confirmed I'd keep using my digital phones as with BT. EE has confirmed this functionality will not be reinstated.
  4. Whilst initially accessible, my broadband account has now disappeared altogether when I log in to EE via the website or the app, so I can't access bills or manage the account because I have no way, on any platform, to access it.
  5. When the broadband account was visible on the EE website and app, I couldn't use the Manage WiFi option, because it gave an error that I wasn't connected to my home WiFi, even though I was.
  6. When the broadband account was visible on the EE website and app, I couldn't access my bills, because it would consistently take me to the login screen, log me in, then loop back to the login screen.
  7. I can't use the EE-WiFi hotspots, because when I select to sign in with my EE broadband details, it accepts my login details, but then loops back to the login page and doesn't enable my network access.
  8. The EE app now doesn't even work properly for me to manage my EE mobile account, because most of the fields where there should be information/function buttons say "Something's wrong".

I'm still in touch with BT/EE Executive Complaints, and have already been offered the opportunity to exit the contract without penalty, so that I can go back to BT (or, maybe give Vodafone a shot - it's advertising WiFi 6E routers, although it's speed guarantee is lower than BT/EE's). I'd tried to hold off doing that, in the hope that EE would resolve these issues. But I think the time is coming where I'll have to accept EE is in a mess and move on. EE is using paying customers as beta testers at the moment, and not even responding very well when we highlight the problems you'd expected beta testers to find. It's simply not good enough.

23 REPLIES 23

It doesn't get any better I now have 2 bills for this month BT and EE. My complaint was upheld in that I was misled and agree I was quoted a price that isn't honoured. 

Escalated to Executive Complaints and I have been given 3 choices.

1 Accept the price at £8 a month more than I was quoted and a one off payment of £50 as compensation.

2 Accept a lower speed when EE is already a bit slower than I was getting from BT.

3 Leave without penalty but do I need the hassle again of changing all my devices over.

Customer service seems non existent in my humble opinion.

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Think I would probably walk away to be honest.

This whole circus doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that future issues would be resolved any quicker than this one.

it’s the lack of willingness for EE to take ownership and be open about what’s happening that kicks me the hardest, how can some customers be without access to manage products and settings for over 4 months?

Absolutely shocking service.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Derang No, mate, I'm afraid not. I was given 10 April as the date when everything should be resolved, and my Executive Complaints Manager was due to call me that day. We had an email exchange where he said that the fix might take until the end of the day, and so he scheduled a call with me for tomorrow (Saturday). I can confirm that nothing has changed, though: I still can't use the app or log into my accounts through the website...

The Complaints Manager has offered me the option to leave the contract without early termination fees. There are two reasons why I am holding out at the moment: first, he's appying a credit to my account each month, so I haven't actually paid for my broadband service for the last six months whilst this issue is ongoing; and second, my mobile is with EE, and it's the only operator that offers 5G service where I live, so I don't really want to leave - but to get the best deals, I'd need my phone and broadband to be with the same provider. (And, on the latter point: I can't access my phone account anyway as a result of the ongoing issues, so even if I moved my broadband away, I'd still have an ongoing issue to get my phone account working).

YouAreNumber6
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had all these problems over the last months.
The account merge is my outstanding issue. Latest from EE:

Good morning. It's **** again from EE's Executive Complaints team. I'm sorry to inform you that there's been a further delay with the fix date to resolve the issue with merging the EE ID's for mobile and broadband accounts. We've been told that this should be fixed by 22/04/2024. I'll contact you again on 24/02/2024. Have a lovely day. Thanks