cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent returns kit back but not arrived

Tezzy
Visitor

I moved to EE from sky back in January after a massive price hike... I ordered a pro box, a mini box and a router hub. 

Only the hub and 1 mini box arrived. So I called them up and the woman told me there was a problem with the pro boxes so I would have to have another mini box for the living room and when the problem with pro boxes are sorted they will send me a pro box. 

After the mini box arrived I called EE because the mini box wasn't suitable because I couldn't record ect.... so I called them and the guy was like. No idea why they sent you a mini box. Il send you a pro box now.... ( why did the woman lie to me saying I couldn't have a pro box ) ?? 

So I needed to return the mini box, fine.... not a problem. The returns kit arrived on the 23rd Feb 24. I send it back on the 26th Feb.... over 6 weeks ago. 

I am still getting messages and emails saying to return my kit. I sent it back !! 

I washed the recipt from the post office (back pocket of jeans) so have no way of tracking it. 

But I can't return kit that I have already returned and I don't think its fair that I get billed for not returning a mini box ( which I shouldn't have had in the 1st place ) when I have. 

If EE would have sent the correct kit in the first place and not messed me around sending me boxes I didn't need I wouldn't be in this position. I will be leaving EE as soon as my contracts up. Customer service isn't great when they completely lie about things. 

20 REPLIES 20
Lailani
Explorer

I have the same issue, when I signed up to ee boarband and tv package. I wasn't told what exactly box they will send me and they sent me a mini box and apple 4k tv and as soon as we set up the mini box we realised that we couldn't record on the box so I called and told them that so they told me they will sent a tv box pro and will have to return the 4k tv and since it was there mistake they wouldn't charge me the £30 activation fee for the box pro but they did charge me called them to complain and I have to wait for the bill to come out my account first before they can credit it back to me. And asked me to return the apple tv back I sent it 2 weeks ago and still getting text and email to remind me to send it. We lost the receipt as well and I forgot to take picture of the parcel and receipt as life got in the way. I don't even know how to check it it's been delivered or not. All I get is issues with ee since I went with them. So frustrating.

John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tezzy and @Lailani, sorry you were unable to get this resolved when you called.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

How do I go to private message?

An_upset_user
Investigator
Investigator

This is clearly a current and surprisingly regular occurrence. 

Like you, I returned my equipment in the bag issued and thought nothing further. Now I'm being plagued with messages saying that it hasn't been returned and threatening me with incredible charges for kit they claim hasn't been returned. 

My understanding is that the hubs can't be used with other systems and have no intrinsic value unless you are an EE customer, so they are useless to anyone.  It doesn't make sense that so many of them are apparently going missing in transit and that EE are chasing so many folks who are following instructions given by EE.

I'm feeling quite intimidated and stressed, despite following all the given instructions and really worried about the situation. 

Has anyone managed to resolve this?  

Can you help me, too, please John?  I'm at my wits end and feeling really stressed about this. Thank you

@Lailani : Go to https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/notes/privatenotespage

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I too have returned EE kit that BT suggested would help my broadband --  it didn't.

I sent BT and E E kit back and despite several phone calls telling me not to worry, I have now had 2 bills that have doubled the amount and a letter from a debt collection agency further adding an admin fee.

I feel I am getting nowhere and don't know what to do

John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ST720, do you have your account with BT or EE?
Cheers

John

Hi John

My account is with BT

They suggested Iwas sent a 4g EE hub. Didn't work and I returned. I also returned inappropriate BTkit sent

Steve