cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Help Retaining Landline Number

FrankCannon
Visitor

Hello,

I have been with Sky for broadband, phone and TV for more than 20 years, but recently decided to look for an alternative supplier - my Sky TV kit is in a box waiting to be sent back, but I am still a Sky broadband and phone customer.

I am an EE mobile customer and also have EE broadband for my mother-in-law on my account.

When looking for an alternative TV platform, I came across this from EE ;

https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-launches-ee-tv--a-comprehensive-new-service-offering-flexible-access-to...

I was sold, so went to the EE website to sign up. After logging in, and going to the Shop, I got the error below ......

FrankCannon_0-1702977860726.png

I should have taken the hint and left it there, but instead I went to the EE shop in my local town, and spoke to Guide about EE TV, and asked if he could sign me up. My requirements are ;
- EE TV Box Pro
- a free EE TV Mini
= Big Sport
- Now TV Boost
- 80/20 broadband
- a landline phone, transferring the landline number from Sky

I made the point that the last 2 requirements are important as I work from home, and the upload speed is vital for my work. The guide went ahead and put the package together and I signed up, although I was concerned that he was talking about BT products and EE products in the same breath.

Anyway, I was checking my e-mails yesterday, and I saw that I have been given 50/10 broadband without a landline. So, I called the number on the e-mail to see if I could change the order, which turned out to be even more alarming. The lady I spoke to had just had her terms of employment transferred from BT to EE, but she didn't have full access to EE's ordering system and couldn't offer the same packages as the EE shop. She was unable to offer the free EE TV mini box, so started to calculate an up-front discount instead. She also said that she couldn't transfer my landline number as it already had a stop service notice against it, at which point I decided to leave it as it was becoming a mess.

So, my questions are these ; I need the faster internet speeds and I need to retain my landline number ;
1). is there anybody in EE that I can contact to sort this out ? I thought about going back to the EE shop where I signed up, but I don't rate my chances of getting it resolved.
2). would I be better off cancelling the whole order and trying again in another week's or month's time ? An added complication is that the Now TV subscriptions have already started.

Any help and advice in trying to sort out this bolognese will be gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @FrankCannon

Thank you for your post.  I am sorry for the problems and confusion around the order you placed to move your services over to us. 

I understand the email you received about your broadband speed differs to what you believe you signed up to.  I also know that you'd ideally like to retain your phone number.  We can pick up from here and double check everything for you from our side.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Robbie