cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi controls

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

18th Dec 23. I was on the messaging system between the hours of 09:16 to 10:56,trying resolve my issue with the lack of  WiFi control.The operator didn't seem to understand my problems Eventually I did a complete reset of the hub which did not fix the issue.And then after all this time I was informed there was a network fault.
I raised a complaint about the service /lack of service I have received. 

18 Dec 23.I have received an Email and text from your company providing  a fault number . Which state's "We hope to have it fixed by 23:59 on 21/12/23,but do it faster if we can,will be in touch with any updates and let you know when it is fixed.".
22/12/23 received text message from engineer stating NO FAULT on the line.I then call customer services and explain  again my issues ie I HAVE NO ACCESS TO WiFI control.Yet again they send a line engineer to my house who stated he was sent because of a line drop out fault.Explained and showed him that the broadband works fine but I've no access to wifi controls.He checks the line and he agrees there is nothing wrong with line.He calls customer services and explains to them the line is fine and confirms with them I can't access wifi controls.
30/12/23 customer services send out a new router.
The new router  connected and set up. Guess what I still can't access wifi controls.
I did the following
1.removed and reloaded app on ipad(ipadOS17.2) and Samsung phone A53.
2.Rebooted/reset Hub.
3.followed instructions to set up Hub to app to the letter.
Here the problems start.
4.broadband manager shows a wheel with wifi controls.active this and it begins to update the hub to the app.states Can take between 20mins to and hour
5.This never completes aways drops out.
6.it then goes to a screen asking you too turn router off and on.
7.This does not rectify the issue with no access to the wifi controls.As of 08:00. 30thDec 23 the fault has not been fixed.
So to date I can't do the following as per the app link/advert.
<span;>1.Control all devices.
<span;>2.Connect guest in a snap.
<span;>3.Advanced Web protect.
<span;>4.Keep kids safe.
<span;>5.superb wifi made smarter.
I pay for a service which your company is not providing, this does not meet the standard I would expect taking into account the description of the goods you advertise, the goods and service I've been provided are not of satisfactory quality

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @asteaman ,

This is not customer service, but a public forum, where customers and some EE staff will try and help with your problem.

Faults can happen, unfortunately, and as it is Christmas and New Year, faults can take longer to fix.

Is this for fixed broadband or mobile broadband?

You will receive compensation for non-availability of broadband, but you still have to pay regularly.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you for your  response to clarify I don't have any issues with the broadband I have issues with a feature called wifi controls within the broadband package.

Do you have any ideas on how I can rectify this issue, because I'm at a loss.

Many BB users have issues with WiFi Controls. Just search this forum to see what they are doing & what they've been advised, which is basically just wait while EE investigate & fix it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @asteaman,

We can take a look into this for you and find out what's happening.

I'll send you a private message so you can reply back to my team.

We are guides for EE so we will do all we can to get it sorted for you.

Thank you

Daniel-S

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you for the information. It is the broadband WiFi controls.

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I take it EE have tried to update there App to rectify there various issues.Im still having the same issues (Since Nov 23).'NO WiFi controls.

Screenshot_20240222_100844.jpg