cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Marcus1854
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I’ve now been without internet for three weeks. I ran out of contract in September and my router is very, very old. It conked out one day and did all the usual: restarted and rebooted etc but this time it didn’t work. Oddly Wi-Fi was connected but not internet. Ethernet connection. Was gone. So after 2 days contacted EE. They checked and said it was an external fault so Openreach came out. Guy couldn’t find anything wrong, changed the sockets etc and left with Wi-Fi now not working.

My old router packed in so I took out an EE Bright router I’d never used to connect. It got into Wi-Fi no problem but couldn’t set it up properly due to no internet connection.

Btw Sky box said router was connected but still FAIL re: on demand.

Contacted EE again who again sent out an Openreach engineer (they didn’t show on the first appointment) and again this time the guy said he had it working yet he couldn’t connect me to the internet. He then said I’ll phone you from the exchange just to check, He never did.

So I bought a brand new router (as I know both of mine were old) now have the same problem in that I can’t get it set up due to no internet connection.

I phone EE and they said they would call me. That was last Tuesday.

My phone line is working and EE can test the line so I don’t know what is wrong.

live reinstalled windows and many other drastic measures now but I am completely lost.

I have decided to move to Sky Broadband for ultra fast fibre. But that is three weeks away.

I am frustrated that EE cannot seem to fix my problem. Anyone ever been in such a predicament?

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks. Ok I will try this.