cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE 1.6Gbps connection photo required plz

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I currently have the standard BT fibre connection at my home and will be upgrading to the new 1.6Gbps service , does anyone have a photo of it installed so I can compare the size etc ?

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@pyrotenax - here you go...

BT SH2 (it's obviously a Plusnet hub but the dimensions are roughly the same) compared to EE SH+: -

bobpullen_0-1708692142872.png

And here are the ONTs. Older Huawei GbE ONT at the top (plus battery backup) - used with a 900mbps FTTP service, and newer Nokia 2.5GbE ONT on the bottom - used with EE's 1.6Gbps service: -

bobpullen_1-1708692339809.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The router, Smart Hub Plus, & how to connect it can be seen in Set up your Home Broadband EE Router

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks for taking the time not to bother even reading my post @XRaySpeX

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pyrotenax I don't have a photo of it installed but this YouTube video might help. The Smart Hub plus is bigger than the BT Hub you have at the moment, hopefully the video helps illustrate this.

Thanks

Neil

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@pyrotenax - here you go...

BT SH2 (it's obviously a Plusnet hub but the dimensions are roughly the same) compared to EE SH+: -

bobpullen_0-1708692142872.png

And here are the ONTs. Older Huawei GbE ONT at the top (plus battery backup) - used with a 900mbps FTTP service, and newer Nokia 2.5GbE ONT on the bottom - used with EE's 1.6Gbps service: -

bobpullen_1-1708692339809.png

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks @bobpullen , it was the ONT photo that I was after. My original ONT was much smaller than yours and fit on a standard backbox inside the Openreach enclosure, so when the latest one was installed it was the same size and fits in the existing OpenreachScreenshot_20240302-134244.png enclosure. I was afraid it would be bigger and interfere with my accessories on the wall.

It was fitted yesterday and no issues. Thanks for your photos 🙂

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Neil-O , thanks for the reply. I was after the ONT info.

I dont use my providers hardware, I use my own equipment .. well apart from the ONT 🙂

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

1566 29-03.png