Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BB order (coming from BT) and doubts

bordeline
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

Unwilling yesterday BT pushed me to renew with EE. 

I should have said no based on the bad reviews I have seen so far of EE broadband. Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) my service is supposed to start tomorrow ,  when I check my order on my BT account (since there is no way to see it under my account under Plans and Subscriptions on EE, it gives error message This service isn't working right now🙁  ) it says equipment delayed, it doesn't give a new date (home hub and phone adaptor).  Will my BT original smart home hub work with EE if the EE hub doesn't arrive ? 

2) I kept my landline, I didn't have digital line, last year I was sent letters from BT saying I was going to be connected to digital in the next few weeks. That never happened. How come EE can connect me to digital when BT never did? 

3) If I want to cancel within the 14 day period (and I will if the internet is not good , I work from home and I can't be without internet and based on reviews I have seen EE broadband doesn't look promising ) who do I need to call to cancel, EE or BT? if so, can I go back to BT? Would I be charged for anything if I cancel within this time? EE hub returned for free?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@bordeline welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, yes your exisiting BT equipment will work until your EE kit arrives.

The BT migration was paused last year, however, all new provide and upgrade orders with BT and EE include a digital phone service. The phone service is only changed as part of the new order.

If you have any problems post here and we'll be happy to help, if you still want to discuss cancelling within your cooling off period you will need to speak with New EE.

Thanks

Neil

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If it's any help, I switched to EE from BT this week.
I'm using the same BT router and the "switch over" was seemless - I'm on the 500 Fibre service to be honest the 1.6 offer really was overkill for our household.

Speedwise all is "as was", no issues it just works. Didn't have digital voice, so can't help you there, but if your exisiting home hub has a phone socket, on switch over, you would just use it instead of your "old" master socket.

Markitos21
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I did the same as you they offer me switch over to EE and to be honest it was very smooth with not problem at all so far, and I thought the same about the reviews about the broadband with EE .

My order was showing delayed too ,but the router came within a week and I self installed,  I have to do a few calls regarding the delays , but they told me it was a problem with their system but as it is they are merged together is not issues at all.