Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to EE

p1979
Investigator
Investigator

Hi!

Originally wrote this on the BT community forums, but was advised to post on here!!!

Just been on the phone to BT (regarding a mobile extra I wanted removing), and have moved over to EE for a better broadband and mobile deal.

The rep said I would be sent out new EE kit and return the old BT kit.

I have a BT Home Hub 2, along with 2 BT black extender discs (both hardwired to the Hub).

And also a Hybrid Connect, which I have never switched on...

Will I be expected to return all this kit?

And if I replace the Home Hub, will the discs still work with the new Hub?

I'm sure I purchased the discs, but not 100% sure....

I wish I thought of these questions while on the phone, but it was 40 minutes of been put on hold and loads of terms and conditions being read out!!!

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@p1979 : If BT said return their kit, then that's what you need to do for whatever EE don't provide as part of your EE BB package. Which one are you going for?

@p1979 wrote:

And if I replace the Home Hub, will the discs still work with the new Hub?

Not if they're the black Complete WiFi discs & EE send you an EE Smart Hub Plus.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your reply!

I am being moved onto the Fibre 36 All Rounder, which the rep said was equivalent to my current Fibre Halo 3+.

Has the EE Smart Hub Plus got a stronger wifi signal, or do EE sell an equivalent to the BT black discs???

The EE SH+ supports WiFi-6 unlike all the other EE & BT routers which only support WiFi-5.

EE have the Smart WiFi Plus extenders to go with the SH+ but it might not be part of your package.

Is that EE Full Fibre 36 or just Fibre?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The contract just says "Fibre 36 All Rounder".

I don't have fibre to the house - it is not in my street yet!!

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

“Fibre 36” is generally fibre to the cabinet then copper to the property.

BT said to me if I change to EE for broadband they will send out the smart hub plus with WiFi 6