Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from BT to EE & BT Cloud

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

After disccussions with the 'Loyalty' Account Team I have recently migrated from BT to EE  For both Mobile & Landline based Broadband) I did this as BT advised they will stop providing Domestic Services, with their focus being on business customers, EE (part of BT Group businesses) will be the new default provider. I also made a small reduction on costs. I was addtionally advised that I would retain my BT Cloud and other previous BT features. The new Router & SIM were supplied, although I had no guidenace about the need to get a PAC Code to migrate my exisiting number, however after some support from help I managed to resolve this issue. Router Installation was simple, with just the need to migrate my Wireless devices.

BT deprecated their BT Cloud Services from October Last Year but existing customers retained the 1TB storge Cloud service. As part of this migration exercise I discovered that my Cloud Desktop Sync APP while appearing to work on the desktop was not actually Syncing my Content,  and attampting to administer my BT Cloud account by Web Browser is not working at all. (error messges)

I'm now into my 2nd week of chasing this problem, and while I do have a helpful BT person keeping me informed of their 'Tier 2' Support team involvement, I'm not actually making any progress with accessing or adminstering my Cloud Store.

Anyone else successully migrated to EE and reatined their BT Cloud functionaility?

Thanks,

Colin

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

BT Support have closed this case as a cosmetic problem, this will probably be cleared away as part of ongoing development. There was no timescale provided.

My BT Cloud is manageable from the PC APP or Web Browser, bearing in mind action had to be taken to restore that access as well. I guess the thread can stay for those that might come across the problem.

Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colin_Black_EE 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with this. Please keep us posted here on what happens with that Level 2 investigation.

Chris

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Certainly will, seems to be around the management of the accounts.

Colin

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Update from BTComms

Quote:
'We are still continuing to look into your issue with Cloud services. We will check for further updates on Thursday 2nd and be in touch. Thank you for your patience'

As an example of the error's I've attached a screen grab for those who have an interest.
As a migrated customer I appear to have two accounts, one EE & one BT which makes sense as accessing the Cloud feature will be from BT. But looking at the products against each account number vis 'MyBT' it certainly doesn't look correct. Oh well we shall see what tommorow brings. Screenshot 2023-11-01 223216.jpg

Colin

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As well as the continuing Saga on Cloud & Tier 2 with which still no progress , a reminder today from EE asking me to return my old Kit. Which I would, however no returns bag has been supplied. The email advised for this to log in to you account and select 'Return Your Kit' (not a URL link) however I find no such Menu option, digging through the help I found this advice.....call us. Do I really need to call EE for this? ☹️

As part of correspondence on Cloud Issues this morning I've made mention of this, hopefully a returns bag will show up?
Looking forward to some update today from BTComms.

ColinScreenshot 2023-11-02 105523.jpg

You may return all your EE BB kit incl. the EE TV Box for recycling free of charge by visiting www.eehomebroadband.com/returns where you can download and print a post-paid returns label.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

A returns bag is on it's way apparently.
If emails mention a process then, actual links to the resource should be within the email.

Thanks for taking the time to respond 👍

Colin

@Colin_Black_EE  What  login are you trying to use, BT or EE?

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi 'Storm' my problem is not related to logging in, that all works as it should.
It's the BT provisioning of the Legacy Cloud Service that's the problem.
Currently I await the results and response of 'Tier 2' support (BT)  involvement.

Colin_Black_EE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Update.
My issue is now nearing 1 month old and No progress on my Cloud Issue other then being told it's still with Tier 2 support.
The minor issue of the missing Equipment bag was resolved, bag received and the equipment returned.

My 'final' BT Bill included a partial  refund, despite receiving paper correspondence dated 31/10 the 'refund' has not appeared in my bank account. 

Very disappointed with the lack of progress, my contact from EE support provides regular apologies but nothing seems to move forward. 

Colin